General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DrSteve
(learned) Fri 20-Apr-18 17:16:53
Print Post

Order delayed by exception

[link to this post]

FTTP finally went live 10 ago so I immediately went ahead and placed my order through Zen. This was done on a Tuesday and I was told to expect further updates by the end of the week. Got the usual order confirmation email and shipping notice foe the router. Nothing else so got in touch on the Friday evening to be told there was an exception on the line at their supplier (OR I assume). Told that this would need to be removed manually and would take 2 working days. Checked again this week and told it is still there and has been passed to a team leader and would update today. Called again today and told still no further forward and has been passed to somebody else and not to expect anything before next Tuesday.
What exactly is this 'exception'? Anybody had this happen with a new order and what was the resolution? Appreciate any info.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 20-Apr-18 17:54:48
Print Post

Re: Order delayed by exception

[re: DrSteve] [link to this post]

Exception is just a generic error so it could be almost anything from an address mis-match to the checker getting it wrong and the FTTP is not actually ready yet.

Resolution involves provider keeping on the game and chasing Openreach to make sure things are not forgot.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User DrSteve
(learned) Fri 20-Apr-18 18:49:50
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ok thanks for the reply. Zen said they were in a web chat with their supplier about the issue and have escalated it. Just a case of checking for updates I suppose. Just a bit frustrating not knowing.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-Apr-18 05:04:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by DrSteve:
Ok thanks for the reply. Zen said they were in a web chat with their supplier about the issue and have escalated it. Just a case of checking for updates I suppose. Just a bit frustrating not knowing.

BT call those 'exception' as a TAG and nothing can progress until the issue has been resolved and the TAG removed.

I had a TAG put on my line due to fibres coming out of our Splitter Node was all in the wrong trays, so the fibres at all the DP's didn't match their database.

So BT sent out their engineers out (5 or so) to cut and re-join the fibres correctly into the right trays, which took a couple of weeks for the work to be done, then for us due to the incompetence of our case handler a further 2 to 3 weeks for the TAG to be removed from our line, then engineer visits booked and job done.

Overall very happy.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.27 Mbps (down), 30.5 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User DrSteve
(learned) Sat 21-Apr-18 11:05:10
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Suppose I'll just need to learn some patience then. Seems that nothing moves too quickly. Each contact with OR seems to come with a minimum of 2-3 working days before ZEN are allowed to contact them for an update. Always seems to land near a weekend too!
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-Apr-18 11:15:07
Print Post

Suppose I'll just need to learn some patience then. Seems that nothing moves too quickly. Each contact with OR seems to come with a minimum of 2-3 working days before ZEN are allowed to contact them for an update. Always seems to land near a weekend too!

Well BT normally say up to 5 to 10 days to get an update, I normally wait that time and then pester them every day until it gets resolved or I get an update.

But yeah, I have had issues near the weekend.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.27 Mbps (down), 30.5 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User DrSteve
(learned) Fri 27-Apr-18 16:19:36
Print Post

Another week and no further forward. Email update from Zen to say there is still an exception and not able to progress the order. To check back next week again. I'll get on with running some cable around the house in anticipation.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Apr-18 07:53:15
Print Post

Another week and no further forward. Email update from Zen to say there is still an exception and not able to progress the order. To check back next week again. I'll get on with running some cable around the house in anticipation.

I was on the phone to my case handler at BT on a daily basis and kept on at them until it was resolved.

I also did loads of checks and got loads of information before phoning to counter their fob off.

Have you tried Tweeting BT Openreach asking what the issue is?
It couldn't hurt.

Paul

BTBroadband - Ultrafast 2 330 Mbps (down), 50 Mbps (up) FVA
Standard User DrSteve
(learned) Sat 05-May-18 19:15:52
Print Post

Well, another week has passed and still no progress. There's still an exception on the order so it's not going through. Has apparently been escalated to level 3 which all sounds very impressive. I wonder how may levels of escalation there actually are! smile
Standard User fredfox
(experienced) Sat 05-May-18 21:56:04
Print Post

Didn't Dante have something to say about the levels of escalation? wink

Pipex
Nildram
UKFSN
Be *
Xilo / Uno
Now -> Zen and BT