General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Millerp82
(newbie) Tue 24-Apr-18 15:36:36
Print Post

FTTP in Scope Aberdeenshire

[link to this post]

I've just had word today from our Openreach community contact that we're in scope for FTTP... I think him requesting a quote flushed out a change in status (either that or spooky timing). Anyway, I wondered if people could share their experiences of how long this process takes? Is it weeks/months/years? It currently says:

"Your area is currently in our plans to be upgraded with Fibre to the Premises (FTTP), however we follow a different design and build process for FTTP so you won't see updates at each stage. Once the engineering work is completed there is a commissioning period of up to eight weeks before an order can be placed. When you are able to place an order you will see the Accepting Orders message."

As we are currently getting 1.2mbps, I'm jumping with joy, but fearing that the nearest fibre node is 0.4 miles. Would that be taken care of at the point of order (if it was an issue)?
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-Apr-18 16:19:04
Print Post

Re: FTTP in Scope Aberdeenshire

[re: Millerp82] [link to this post]

I'm jumping with joy, but fearing that the nearest fibre node is 0.4 miles. Would that be taken care of at the point of order (if it was an issue)?

That's not how it works, worry not.

Standard User max360
(learned) Tue 24-Apr-18 16:26:21
Print Post

Our cabinet CMSTE: 24 (privately funded community partnership) status was: Field survey, yesterday and today I checked on the Openreach website, it's showing up as:In Scope

Your area is currently in our plans to be upgraded with Fibre to the Premises (FTTP), however we follow a different design and build process for FTTP so you won't see updates at each stage. Once the engineering work is completed there is a commissioning period of up to eight weeks before an order can be placed. When you are able to place an order you will see the Accepting Orders message.

Is this a glitch?

ISP: JohnLewis BB: 5.25 Mb down - 0.85 Mb up. Ping: 28ms.

Stechford (CMSTE) Cab 24 - Funding Privately (Community Partnership) (Paid the 50% deposit). Currently fundraising for the last 50%, not had any success yet. Website: http://www.stechford.online/

Edited by max360 (Tue 24-Apr-18 16:27:45)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Millerp82
(newbie) Tue 24-Apr-18 16:29:13
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thanks Zarjaz... I didn't want to get too excited just in case. But I shall now. I'll feel much better once it's actually in. Until then, I'm aware things can change. Fingers firmly crossed!
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Apr-18 16:32:36
Print Post

[re: max360] [link to this post]

For what it's worth and not necessarily relevant our community funded AIO cab never showed anything on either Openreach or BTW until a few days before it became available despite the cab sitting there for all to see for nine months between being stood to finally becoming available. (Thanks Lambeth who caused delays of around six months).
Standard User Millerp82
(newbie) Tue 24-Apr-18 16:38:18
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
For what it's worth and not necessarily relevant our community funded AIO cab never showed anything on either Openreach or BTW until a few days before it became available despite the cab sitting there for all to see for nine months between being stood to finally becoming available. (Thanks Lambeth who caused delays of around six months).

I've watched our status flicker back and forth between cabinets for weeks. So maybe that's why Max360 is getting conflicting info. For all I know it's won't say FTTP in scope tomorrow. Might be back to "you're too far away to get superfast". I'm taking it as progression anyway and it was enough to hault our community fibre quote in its tracks. It would be nice to have a rough timescale, as I might order a 4G sim in the meantime (it's that dire here!)
Standard User pipcoo
(newbie) Tue 24-Apr-18 16:41:51
Print Post

The status on my line changed to in scope in Sept. last year but still no sign of anything happening. You can see the thread about it here http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4564133-any...

Edited by pipcoo (Tue 24-Apr-18 16:42:36)

Standard User Millerp82
(newbie) Tue 24-Apr-18 17:06:53
Print Post

[re: pipcoo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pipcoo:
The status on my line changed to in scope in Sept. last year but still no sign of anything happening. You can see the thread about it here http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4564133-any...

How frustrating! We've seen the works carried out last year. But we were told that it was just going to be FTTC and that it would go live this July (ish) and we're all too far away to see anything classed as superfast. I did query the nodes and cabling installed beyond the cabinet, but was told we weren't in any roll out and now here we are. So fingers crossed most of the work has actually taken place and the FTTP will go live with the cabinet (touch wood!)
Standard User craski
(committed) Tue 24-Apr-18 17:23:27
Print Post

I've seen FTTP popping up in a few infill areas within Aberdeenshire. One out Alford way had zero notice (on any of the usual websites that give us an idea something may come) and the contractors rocked up to install ducting in the verge and a few weeks after that a 1 stage FTTP install could be ordered by the lucky few within range.

Zen Business FTTC BQM
Talk Talk Business FTTC BQM
IDNET ADSL BQM
Standard User Millerp82
(newbie) Tue 24-Apr-18 17:43:52
Print Post

[re: craski] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by craski:
I've seen FTTP popping up in a few infill areas within Aberdeenshire. One out Alford way had zero notice (on any of the usual websites that give us an idea something may come) and the contractors rocked up to install ducting in the verge and a few weeks after that a 1 stage FTTP install could be ordered by the lucky few within range.

That sounds like the dream! Everything crossed! Well the verges were clipped back to the stone walls 6 weeks ago or so, but I haven't seen anyone up to anything.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to