General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dotmannn
(newbie) Wed 09-May-18 14:40:45
Print Post

FTTP Roll out

[link to this post]

Hi,

I've always been on an EO Line but I checked the openreach checker and it says I'm "In Scope" to be upgraded to FTTP. https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-br...

Your area is currently in our plans to be upgraded with Fibre to the Premises (FTTP), however we follow a different design and build process for FTTP so you won't see updates at each stage. Once the engineering work is completed there is a commissioning period of up to eight weeks before an order can be placed. When you are able to place an order you will see the Accepting Orders message.

Cabinet icon
Exchange name: Bishopsgate
Exchange status: Fibre enabled
Cabinet number: -
Technology: Pending - EO Line

Any idea of how I can track the ETA for this? Is it realistic to expect it in a few months or could it be years? Bare in mind I'm in Shoreditch Zone 1 Central London so assuming roadworks will be a bit trickier

Edited by dotmannn (Wed 09-May-18 14:48:31)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-May-18 14:58:02
Print Post

Re: FTTP Roll out

[re: dotmannn] [link to this post]

That site you used is the one to track progress, beyond spotting the physical roll-out actually happening.

Some parts of London have had this flagged for a year already, some have gone live and others waiting, but probably likely to happen before 2020

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User pipcoo
(learned) Wed 09-May-18 15:28:03
Print Post

[re: dotmannn] [link to this post]

I am in a similar situation to yourself, albeit in rural N. Ireland so traffic control won`t be much of a problem ! The status of my line changed to the same as yours in Sept. last year but there is still no sign of anything happening so the wait continues. Trying to find out any further info. is just frustrating but I hope you have better luck with it than me. I would expect your wait to be in the months at least going by my experience.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DrSteve
(learned) Wed 09-May-18 17:48:59
Print Post

[re: pipcoo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pipcoo:
I am in a similar situation to yourself, albeit in rural N. Ireland so traffic control won`t be much of a problem ! The status of my line changed to the same as yours in Sept. last year but there is still no sign of anything happening so the wait continues. Trying to find out any further info. is just frustrating but I hope you have better luck with it than me. I would expect your wait to be in the months at least going by my experience.

Similar here in Ballymoney area but they seem to be rolling out fibre all over the place now. It's along a lot of the rural roads, even some very isolated roads with not very many properties. I noticed the update on the availability checker around December and it became available to order a month ago. Not sure how long the change to the checker had been there before I noticed it though.
Standard User pipcoo
(learned) Wed 09-May-18 19:12:10
Print Post

[re: DrSteve] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DrSteve:

Similar here in Ballymoney area but they seem to be rolling out fibre all over the place now. It's along a lot of the rural roads, even some very isolated roads with not very many properties. I noticed the update on the availability checker around December and it became available to order a month ago. Not sure how long the change to the checker had been there before I noticed it though.

I`m in the Omagh area,on the nidirectgov website it says improvements in my postcode are due to be finished by end of June but there is no sign of anything happening. Have you ordered FTTP ?
Standard User DrSteve
(learned) Thu 10-May-18 00:31:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by DrSteve:

I`m in the Omagh area,on the nidirectgov website it says improvements in my postcode are due to be finished by end of June but there is no sign of anything happening. Have you ordered FTTP ?

Interestingly my postcode says the same on the nidirect website. I ordered as soon as it went live but the order is stuck somewhere in the system.
Standard User pipcoo
(learned) Thu 10-May-18 07:31:03
Print Post

I think that message on nidirect is a pretty generic one and shows the same for everyone,not a lot of use really. Would be very interested in how your order progresses,did you have much choice of provider or was it limited to BT ?
Standard User DrSteve
(learned) Thu 10-May-18 08:27:13
Print Post

No progress on the order yet. I went with Zen as I have been with them for years on ADSL.
Standard User pipcoo
(learned) Thu 10-May-18 08:44:58
Print Post

Ok,thanks Steve,would like to hear how this goes for you as hopefully I`ll be in the same position to order FTTP at some point in my lifetime !
Standard User dotmannn
(newbie) Wed 23-May-18 11:52:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Roadworks.org is showing this just outside my flat

https://roadworks.org/?105748673

BT "Install 13m of 1 way poly duct in Carriageway,Install 2m of 1 way poly duct in Footway"

Is this the sort of thing I should be looking for?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to