General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ComradeBo
(newbie) Tue 22-May-18 19:22:43
Print Post

BT+BT Openreach G.Fast Inconsistencies

[link to this post]

Hey!

I have been pointed in the direction of this forum before I lose my rag with BT/Openreach I have had Infinity 1/2 for a bout 7 years or so installed on an address that didn't exist on earth so it stopped me placing orders for upgrades. That was sorted eventually with ORDI request. Now I want to place an order for Ultrafast 2 but got some issues. I live in a development of about 90 flats consisting of about 7 blocks. Below are my stats according to the ADSL Checker:

[img]https://preview.ibb.co/gVmTGT/Capture1.jpg[/img]

According to hte BT Ultrafast Checker against my address I get the below: This is also the same kind of stats against my UPRN on Tags

[img]https://preview.ibb.co/fNx2bT/Capture3.jpg[/img]

This is just 1 example of where my next door neighbor whos wall I can touch gets the below. These stats are the same for someone who lives below me and similar to someone on the ground floor - I can go on with more examples seems something is going wrong here....

[img]https://preview.ibb.co/kxLAVo/Capture2.jpg[/img]

So I am basically asking is this an error somewhere? It looks really strange and I can't place an order for UF2. How can all my neighbors get this and I can't? With the stats you can see that I am pretty close (I can see the Cabinet from my window) BT are lost and no idea what to do and have palmed this off to Openreach to look at (3 weeks later still no further) But I'm really lost! and I am totally stuck with 10 day lead times for a response that gets nowhere!

Cheers
Shane
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 22-May-18 19:44:58
Print Post

Re: BT+BT Openreach G.Fast Inconsistencies

[re: ComradeBo] [link to this post]

Will they let you place an order for Ultrafast 1? If yes, then do that and if you get maximum sync you'll have live stats to push through an order for faster version.

It is possible for one premises to have very different characteristics i.e. as lines have been shifted around over the years to work around copper faults.

In terms of palming off to Openreach, that would be the source of the estimates so if there is no mistakes in the BT Consumer side they would need to pass it back to Openreach to resolve.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ComradeBo
(newbie) Tue 22-May-18 19:54:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you for the response there!!

Yeah they think i can order Ultrafast 1. I didn't know it worked like this to be honest. So If my line can take the 314mb according to BT can this be resynced when Openreach or BT arrive? I guess I can get the engineer to sort out stuff when he turns up?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 22-May-18 20:50:50
Print Post

Engineer cannot change it on the day as they can only provide what was ordered, but once its live and you have stats to show the checker is wrong, if it is then it makes for a compelling case to get checker updated and a regrade order placed

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Tue 22-May-18 21:41:47
Print Post

It might make it easier to raise the issue, but you will still get "sorry the computer says no" when trying to upgrade.

Live data may make the checker update itself eventually but no guarantees.

The quickest way to get individual database errors fixed is emailing the OpenReach CEO. That is unless someone else more connected offers to make those enquiries on your behalf.
Standard User ComradeBo
(newbie) Wed 23-May-18 18:14:10
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

So took your advice and sent an email to BT hq with infotmstion my my neighbour ev and it seems that both our numbers are now not showing any service for g.fast. So it did somehing but not what i expected. Hope its just the stsrt of fixing
Standard User ComradeBo
(newbie) Thu 24-May-18 18:21:26
Print Post

So I went down the CEO route and the whole thing has totally broken down.

Based on the apparent BT Wholesale minimum speed requirement for Gfast, correction of the data has resulted in the product no longer being viable. Gfast speeds had previously been overestimated in error, and if orders had been placed while information was out of date, then it could have resulted in failed orders for both yourself, and your neighbour.

We sincerely apologise that the initial information/data was incorrect, and for misadvising yourself, and your neighbour that Gfast was available to order. This was an error on our part which we sincerely apologise for.

Given the context of the apartment, they have changed the distribution point - or so they have said and now my block of 6 can't get it when the other 90 can...

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Shane
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 24-May-18 22:48:15
Print Post

You would need to email me andrew@thinkbroadband.com and would need to know your address to look at location on street view and variations in checker results to then pass on a pester summary to Openreach

Standard User ComradeBo
(newbie) Fri 25-May-18 12:00:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi Andrew, just mailed you!! Thanks again!!

Shane
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 25-May-18 12:43:39
Print Post

My original advice of ordering when it had showed some speed very much applies.

Have looked on maps and its 400m by road and likely cable route hence the original borderline result and G.fast does have a rapid fall off so do expect it to work for some blocks in the road but not others.

Have asked for some double checking to be done and route confirmed, rather than the short cut that might be possible but believe is very unlikely.

NOTE: We do see full sync for some people at 400m on VDSL2 but they are fairly rare.

I normally say the cut of gfast is 370m to 400m hence, the block nature and possibility of some DP having a bit of extra cable involved can add invisible bits of distance to the puzzle too.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to