General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Westyfield2
(learned) Thu 24-May-18 14:00:33
Print Post

G.Fast Availability

[link to this post]

Has anyone else noticed that on BT Wholesale Checker a telephone number that previously had G.Fast listed as "Planned" has now had G.Fast disappear completely?
Exchange was on the extended trial list and pod was fitted mid 2017.

Edited by Westyfield2 (Thu 24-May-18 14:01:54)

Standard User ComradeBo
(newbie) Thu 24-May-18 18:22:06
Print Post

Re: G.Fast Availability

[re: Westyfield2] [link to this post]

mine had gfast, about to place an order now totally removed!
Standard User tdw42
(regular) Thu 24-May-18 18:58:52
Print Post

[re: Westyfield2] [link to this post]

Yes, addresses which did have G.fast Range A / B speed estimates in the 'Featured Products' section on the checker results page no longer show this, however 'G.fast Multicast' still appears for those addresses in the 'Other Offerings' section.

This is for a cabinet on which a G.fast pod appeared some months back, I suspect the estimates have been hidden until availability dates are planned - previously the availability was just showing as '--'

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ansam
(member) Fri 25-May-18 09:27:34
Print Post

[re: tdw42] [link to this post]

Initially mine had G.Fast Planned and then its disappeared. The morning it disappeared contractors where at my cabinet installing the G.Fast pod to the PCP. They where they literally the whole day so I assume its all wired up as I saw them running some cable as well.

Next day OR was at the cabinets.

No movement or nothing since Tuesday this week and the G.Fast on the DSLCheck still doesn't show Available/Planned or otherwise.

Connection - BT Infinity 2.
My Broadband Ping
Standard User Nightglow
(member) Fri 25-May-18 09:40:33
Print Post

[re: ansam] [link to this post]

G Fast cab was fitted last summer here in Bath,still not live,& no signs of it any time soon, but on DSL Check I've noticed that, 'the last test date' box is changing almost weekly, now showing 18th May.

Edited by Nightglow (Fri 25-May-18 09:54:45)

Standard User ansam
(member) Fri 25-May-18 09:45:41
Print Post

[re: Nightglow] [link to this post]

I think I need to be realistic then that it could be a while before its activated lol. I think a log may have to do with making sure the backhaul at the exchange can cope with the new speeds/demand but if I understand from what TalkTalk Business told me both the capacity and the backhaul where recently upgraded at my local exchange, so maybe its not that.

Connection - BT Infinity 2.
My Broadband Ping
Standard User Westyfield2
(learned) Fri 25-May-18 11:46:10
Print Post

[re: Nightglow] [link to this post]

Bath is where I'm asking about too.
There's two cabinets I'm interested in, on two different exchanges. Both with pods fitted summer 2017.

The cabinet on the Kingsmead exchange (listed in the extended trial) which had the G.Fast availability previously show as planned but now disappeared, has a last test date of March 2017.

The cabinet on the Combe Down exchange (not listed in the trials) and which has never had G.Fast availability previously show, has a last test date of last week.
  Print Thread

Jump to