General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sheephouse
(regular) Mon 11-Jun-18 11:17:59
Print Post

Fastershire lot 3c progress?

[link to this post]

Fastershire approved Gigaclear as the contractor for most of its "Phase 2" lots back in Dec 2016. Since then some work has started in several of the lots. I'm in lot 3c, which was scheduled to be the last to be rolled out (my local area was originally due to start in Q1 2020, but was moved forward to Q4 2018). The build in the first area (Highnam) was due to start in May 2018, with several other areas due to start in June 2018 (Ledbury, Mathon, Minsterworth).
I've been trying to track progress, but there is no information available - Fastershire no longer reply to my e-mails. However, looking at Gloucestershire County Council's list of planned roadworks there are no current or planned works (for Gigaclear) in the area covered by lot 3c. There are works listed in the other lot areas.
Is anyone aware of any Gigaclear builds starting in the areas I mentioned above? Or am I right to worry that the rollout is already falling behind. Since there has to be advance notice of works, I suspect that no build will start for at least another 3 months, which will put them well behind (and since I'm near the end of the list for lot 3c, my prospect of usable broadband is receding into the distant future)
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-Jun-18 19:07:08
Print Post

Re: Fastershire lot 3c progress?

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

Certainly my Gigaclear service was finally working later than originally promised. I would expect there to be a Gigaclear project engineer who should have a better idea, but even he may be fallible (IME!)

Michael Chare
Standard User Prog
(newbie) Tue 12-Jun-18 12:29:29
Print Post

I am also in 3c as well just outside Ross on wye

Work has started in some areas of Herefordshire such as hope under dinmore!

Just keep checking www.roadworks.org as they are starting to appear.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Prog
(newbie) Tue 12-Jun-18 12:33:45
Print Post

[re: Prog] [link to this post]

Also https://www.gigaclear.com/fastershire-rollout-schedule/ is a good place to start
Standard User sheephouse
(regular) Tue 12-Jun-18 12:48:12
Print Post

[re: Prog] [link to this post]

Yes, I'm familiar with the Gigaclear roll-out schedule page. It gets updated a couple of times a year. As I mentioned in my original post there are no roadworks on roadworks.org or the GCC lists in any of the 3c locations that were due to start their build in May/June. There are roadworks listed in all the other Fastershire lots. So either the roadworks aren't listed (unlikely), or none of the builds impinge on any council land (very unlikely!), or there aren't any works and the build will be months behind schedule.
Standard User sheephouse
(regular) Wed 13-Jun-18 13:26:45
Print Post

Gigaclear have updated their roll-out schedule today. The start date for Highnam has been changed from 8 May to 16 June. Ledbury and Mathon changed to July, and Longhope, Maisemore, and Glasshouse are now August.
So I was correct in that none of the scheduled builds had started yet in lot 3c. I hope that the delay won't be propagated through the later stages.
  Print Thread

Jump to