General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hxbro
(regular) Tue 03-Jul-18 12:34:27
Print Post

FTTP Exchange but FTTP only showing for 1 property

[link to this post]

FTTP is enabled on the exchange, and I was expecting FTTC cabinets to appear, we have 1 in the village on cab 3 (installed last year - enabled this year) and I think a combined cabinet which is new (cab 4), strangely about 50m away from the cab 3 fttc.

I check weekly if there is any sign of FTTC arriving on my cabinet 2 but no sign yet.

Oddly however, I found out that a property about 20m away has FTTP, and from the dsl checker it says it has, yet checking the immediate neighbours to that properly there's no sign of it available.

Anyone got any suggestions of who to contact to try get some sort of yes/no besides the "checker says no" response, I would have thought the house with FTTP must have fibre coming past my house, so somewhere near will be a splitter, down the same man hole as where my line probably comes from as the other house?

I'm with plus.net on a business connection at the moment, but after last years trying to get annex M installed and no luck with trying to get anything escalated properly I want to move ISPs, they also only trial FTTP so less likely to try move things along anyway.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-Jul-18 14:49:16
Print Post

Re: FTTP Exchange but FTTP only showing for 1 property

[re: hxbro] [link to this post]

Are you sure it isn't FTTPoD that the neighbour has? If it was provided under either of the previous FTTPoD schemes then a neighbour having it has no bearing on anyone else.

Alternatively, do they definitely have FTTP installed or is it just that the checker says it is available? If it is the latter then the checker could be wrong for that one house.
Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Tue 03-Jul-18 16:07:51
Print Post

Most likely 1 of 2 scenarios.

1. It's an error in the database, there is no FTTP infrastructure in place.

2. They paid for FTTPod. They would have had to be connected to an FTTC cab in the 1st place to order this.
If it is this, under the old pricing scheme nobody else got enabled, not even the next door neighbour on a semi-detached.

If 2 it won't make it any easier to get FTTP to you.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hxbro
(regular) Wed 04-Jul-18 09:07:23
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

They apparently said in a residents meeting recently they had fibre installed which is why I went checking.

There's no FTTC cab for them, they are on cab 2 same as me so don't think it's FTTPoD, would it indicate it from the dsl checker, it currently says for them:

WBC FTTP Up to 1000 Up to 220 -- Available 1 Stage

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:- Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed Not Evaluated.

Just noticed on https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super...

it now says

EAWAS
WATTON AT STONE
FTTC/P & FOD
Now
East Hertfordshire Distric

I'm sure it wasn't saying that before, I think previously it said just FTTP.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Jul-18 09:24:04
Print Post

Have you used this checker for their address?
  Print Thread

Jump to