General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User steve195527
(newbie) Tue 03-Jul-18 17:38:29
Print Post

gfast

[link to this post]

anybody any idea as to when gfast will be made available from ISP's not under the BT umbrella,only options I have are with "BT companies" and I don't really want to move to one of those due to past experiences with them when things don't work as they should
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Jul-18 20:07:41
Print Post

Re: gfast

[re: steve195527] [link to this post]

TalkTalk already offer g-fast in some areas. Faster 300 Fibre and Faster 150 Fibre.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Jul-18 22:54:56
Print Post

All the PCP's around where i live are or will soon be G fast enabled as lots have been re-shelled and have the gfast pod on the side, that is apart from 2 PCP's that where re-shelled around 12mths ago, but no G.farce so far for these two cabs???, i'm hoping that this is because they are planning on rolling out the real deal instead FTTP , well i can always hope i suppose, Not bothered about G.farce anyways i don't see it as VFM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Jul-18 08:38:20
Print Post

At present the other ISPs don't seem to want to spend the time and effort for any of the "faster" packages (G.Fast or FTTP). They will likely only do it once a fair percentage have it available and they start losing customers through not offering. I'm not aware of any ISPs that have made announcements that they will be supporting it in the foreseeable future.
Standard User ferretuk
(committed) Wed 04-Jul-18 10:28:21
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

AAISP have announced a trial...

https://aastatus.net/2529

AAISP Home::1 Terabyte | IPv4 BQM | IPv6 BQM | AAISP VOIP | ER-Lite Router | Unifi AC-Lite Wifi AP
ISP Representative GenuineCerberus
(isp) Wed 04-Jul-18 10:33:12
Print Post

A correction: not an advertisement

Cerberus has offered G.Fast since August 2017. The service receives full support for business and residential users 24/7/365, and the high throughput services have been on offer throughout this duration

Thank you
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User candlerb
(regular) Wed 04-Jul-18 12:44:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by ian72:
I'm not aware of any ISPs that have made announcements that they will be supporting it in the foreseeable future.

EE recently launched it, and before that a bunch of smaller ISPs:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/tag/g-fast
  Print Thread

Jump to