General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rogerh
(committed) Fri 27-Jul-18 21:06:28
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD desktop quotes and final prices

[re: Blmcg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Blmcg:
The remedies are applied to BT Wholesale, not Openreach.
The costs involved (particularly bandwidth) are much, much greater in market A.

it will be falling to 0.9% of premises (not exchanges), but the important distinction is that GEA services (FTTC, FTTP) will have their market determined based on your handover exchange, not the local exchange. Copper (ADSL) will still be subject to the serving exchange.

WNCER is staying in Market A, but it's handover node is WNMAC which will be entering Market B, and hence you would not be subject to Market A remedies for your FTTP connection.

Thanks, that is enormously helpful. Perhaps it explains the rather vague word "location" in the Cerberus Ts & Cs quoted above. Anyway it at least makes sense to me now.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 29-Jul-18 14:38:04
Print Post

[re: Anth] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anth:
Finally just had the quote from Cerebrus. And it says

"The estimated build charge was £20,600 + VAT. The confirmed build charge is £14,650 + VAT. This includes the reduction for the survey and the £700.00 deduction per FTTPoD order."

So with VAT that works out at £17,580 final cost after the full survey for what was a Band B property less than 400m from the AgNode in a housing estate.

Way out of my available price range. And this it seems is it for me in terms of FTTP on demand.

That's stupid - all that to get 330/30 when if you can get VM they do this already for peanuts!

I get the value of FTTP and the increase in house value etc - but still.

I am building 2 houses and they will both have 1Gbps FTTP but I am not sure yet if Wireless will be the best way or via BT

I can also be the host of the base station with a nice yearly income
Standard User nemeth782
(committed) Mon 30-Jul-18 13:51:13
Print Post

[re: Retron] [link to this post]

Mine just got updated:

Dear Customer

Thank you for your recent request for a desk survey price for FTTP on Demand.

Due to an Openreach systems issue, your request for an FTTP on Demand desk survey returned an inaccurate figure or incorrectly advised that an onsite survey was required instead of issuing an estimate.

The systems issue has been resolved and we have re-run your query. The revised estimate of the charges is detailed below.

Estimated Build Cost: £17,700.00 ex VAT
The build charge includes the estimate for the work and materials required to deliver the service. It also includes the connection charge.

Number of premises passed for FTTP: 14
The build estimate includes a reduction for the number of premises passed as these would be able to obtain FTTP as a consequence of your build. Customers at these premises may submit a linked FTTPoD order to share the construction costs. You will receive a discount of £700.00 ex VAT from this figure for each linked order that is served by your build. Linked orders may be submitted to Cerberus Networks at the customerís own risk. If one order is cancelled this will cancel all the linked orders so you must find a way for all parties to work together to share any costs.

Please note that this is an estimated price based on network records. There are a number of factors that may affect the final costs. These would be only confirmed by a full survey once you place an order for the service.

To proceed with an order, you must pay the £250.00 ex VAT survey charge. The survey will normally take place within 3 weeks. After the survey, you will have 28 days to accept or reject the confirmed build charge. This will be presented as Excess Construction Charges (ECCs). If you do not accept the ECCs and wish to cancel the order, the survey charge will stand. If you decide to proceed with the order, the survey charge will be deducted from the total ECC figure.

If you wish to proceed to an order for FTTPoD, please Click here.

If you have any questions about the FTTPoD service please contact the sales team on 0345 257 1333 or at sales@cerberusnetworks.co.uk.

Please accept our apologies for any confusion caused. Thanks again for your interest in this service.

Cerberus Networks

That's quite a few premises passed!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pheasant
(newbie) Wed 01-Aug-18 14:14:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
The question is, are Cerberus being charged extra by BT Wholesale for certain FTTP/FTTPoD lines? If not, then it seems like a unfair surcharge and one that Ofcom may take an interest in.

In essence yes, The effect essentially is that Wholesale are not allowed to provide us competitive pricing in Market A.
The cost overhead is significant.

As was mentioned above, the BMCR draft is out which will greatly reduce the size of Market A and in the case of GEA, use the head-end exchange's market instead. (There are still some head-ends in market A, so this wont go away for everyone).

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/consultations-and-statement...

Just a note to all that may be affected by Market A price surcharges - Ofcom have now published the final Statement on Wholesale Broadband Access - Market Review.

The list of exchanges defined as belonging to Market A or Market B are listed in Annex 1 (Appendix 1 and 2):

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0032...
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Aug-18 14:19:53
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

.... and kinda odd, as the largest CBT/manifolds only serve 12 customers.

I guess itís based on 14 properties currently served by your copper DP

Standard User Blmcg
(learned) Wed 01-Aug-18 14:37:06
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Pheasant:
In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
The question is, are Cerberus being charged extra by BT Wholesale for certain FTTP/FTTPoD lines? If not, then it seems like a unfair surcharge and one that Ofcom may take an interest in.

In essence yes, The effect essentially is that Wholesale are not allowed to provide us competitive pricing in Market A.

As was mentioned above, the BMCR draft is out which will greatly reduce the size of Market A and in the case of GEA, use the head-end exchange's market instead. (There are still some head-ends in market A, so this wont go away for everyone).

Just a note to all that may be affected by Market A price surcharges - Ofcom have now published the final Statement on Wholesale Broadband Access - Market Review.

The list of exchanges defined as belonging to Market A or Market B are listed in Annex 1 (Appendix 1 and 2):

Their handover node is still changing to Market B and the GEA clause is still in the final statement, so once Wholesale implement these then it's up to the SP to decide what if any changes they make.

Blair McGregor
Network Architect - Syscomm
Standard User Pheasant
(newbie) Wed 01-Aug-18 14:43:33
Print Post

... nested quotes trimmed ...

Their handover node is still changing to Market B and the GEA clause is still in the final statement, so once Wholesale implement these then it's up to the SP to decide what if any changes they make.

Will see what Cerberus have to say about it. Their T&Cs talk about Market 'area' which is not specifically clear whether its related to local exchange or GEA head end exchange. My local exchange is clearly now in Market B.

How would a 'ordinary' user like myself find out what my GEA head end exchange is anyhow?
Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Wed 01-Aug-18 18:29:02
Print Post

It's much more like that your PSTN exchange is Market A and the Head-End Market B than the other way around.
Head-End/Parent exchanges are usually larger exchanges.

If you post your local PSTN exchange here then someone will be happy to tell you what your Fibre Head-End exchange is.

edit: I'll clarify my point above. While it's more likely smaller local pstn exchanges are the "child" exchanges and the larger exchange the "parent" (aka fibre head-end) I know a couple areas where the opposite it the case.

Edited by j0hn83 (Wed 01-Aug-18 18:35:29)

Standard User Pheasant
(newbie) Wed 01-Aug-18 18:55:27
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by j0hn83:
It's much more like that your PSTN exchange is Market A and the Head-End Market B than the other way around.
Head-End/Parent exchanges are usually larger exchanges.

If you post your local PSTN exchange here then someone will be happy to tell you what your Fibre Head-End exchange is.

edit: I'll clarify my point above. While it's more likely smaller local pstn exchanges are the "child" exchanges and the larger exchange the "parent" (aka fibre head-end) I know a couple areas where the opposite it the case.

EAWLD is my local exchange. Can anyone with access to the relevant database tell my what the parent GEA Head-end exchange is please?
Standard User Blmcg
(learned) Wed 01-Aug-18 22:00:28
Print Post

EAWLD is my local exchange. Can anyone with access to the relevant database tell my what the parent GEA Head-end exchange is please?

Check your PMs smile

Blair McGregor
Network Architect - Syscomm
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to