General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | [23] | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Sherburn
(newbie) Fri 28-Sep-18 10:03:04
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD desktop quotes and final prices

[re: NornIron91] [link to this post]

Yes, I didn't get a price either, although my message was different from yours - simply stating that it wasn't possible to carry out a desktop survey. On the one hand I wasn't too surprised as we're in a new build, but on the other you'd think that new installations should be the ones OR have the best informaton on.

In the absence of any information on AN locations I'm not going to pay for a field survey. It feels too much like throwing money away to do OR's job for them.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 28-Sep-18 11:42:30
Print Post

[re: Sherburn] [link to this post]

They are probably simply refusing to do them at the moment, as due to overload on doing the full surveys they have placed a temporary block on ISPs ordering those.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 72623/13368Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User candlerb
(member) Fri 28-Sep-18 11:48:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by NornIron91:
has anyone else not received an estimated price from the desktop survey?

One was posted here by nemeth782. But then OpenReach changed their mind and sent a price later

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User NornIron91
(newbie) Fri 28-Sep-18 12:19:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
They are probably simply refusing to do them at the moment, as due to overload on doing the full surveys they have placed a temporary block on ISPs ordering those.

This won't be the case as I have already ordered the full survey a month ago.
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Fri 28-Sep-18 12:30:03
Print Post

Agreed, I'm not aware of them stopping desktop survey quotes. From what I understand it's just new actual surveys which are currently stopped (e.g. if you haven't paid for an actual survey then you'll have to wait an undetermined amount of time before you can pay for an actual survey to be done). If you've already paid for an actual survey then that's fine and the order will still continue as standard.

The good thing about getting an actual survey done is that it updates Openreach's records for your area which may subsequently prioritise that area in a future rollout of FTTP (assuming you don't go ahead and pay for the installation), or even nearby areas around it.

Edited by Ixel (Fri 28-Sep-18 12:32:50)

Standard User abat
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Sep-18 12:49:09
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

Surveyor visited us on Wednesday this week after calling on Monday. Just had an email from Cerberus advising a surveyor will be coming at the end of October ...

Mike
Standard User NornIron91
(newbie) Fri 28-Sep-18 12:57:03
Print Post

The annoying thing is that the 4 houses at the top of my road can get FTTP but the rest of the road can't, as fibre cables run along a road that goes past the end of our road.
Standard User abat
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Sep-18 13:40:44
Print Post

[re: abat] [link to this post]

To answer my own question the mysterious green cab seems to be a very old 'Diamond Cable' cabinet, well at least that is what the chamber covers are branded. I had no idea the village ever had cable, certainly no Virgin now.

Mike
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Fri 28-Sep-18 17:35:29
Print Post

[re: abat] [link to this post]

Wait, you've got a second surveyor appointment? blush
Standard User abat
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Sep-18 17:45:17
Print Post

I don't think so. After replying to Cerberus they've apparently updated Openreach. I suspect just a cock-up.

Mike
Pages in this thread: << 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | [23] | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to