General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | [26] | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User NornIron91
(newbie) Wed 10-Oct-18 15:04:42
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD desktop quotes and final prices

[re: S2KIP] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by S2KIP:
Confirmed build charge is £7,298.00 + VAT. This includes the reduction for the survey and a deduction of £1,100.00 for premises passed.

Even with the GVS, it's too much I think. I'll have to have a think.

I would love to have that quote. I just got my confirmed build charge of £21540.
Standard User candlerb
(member) Wed 10-Oct-18 16:04:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by S2KIP:
This includes the reduction for the survey and a deduction of £1,100.00 for premises passed.

Even with the GVS, it's too much I think. I'll have to have a think.

Did it say how many premises passed? If £700 of the discount is for the PON then I'm guessing 8 premises (£50 discount each). If you can get 1 or 2 others to join in to share the build cost, with a £500 voucher each, it might become feasible.

Sharing with one other and taking £3.5K of GBVS would leave around £2K each to pay (+VAT). With two others it would be about £1.2K each. The other parties would also have to agree to a fairly high rental of £100+VAT for the first 12 months service, but could switch after then (*).

All this is supposed to work in theory, but nobody on this forum has yet reported linking orders this way.

(*) In fact, the high first year's rental more than outweighs the £500 voucher. It would be just as well if you could informally get support from one or two others, who agree to pay a share of the install cost up front but not link orders, and they just take regular FTTP when it becomes available. They'll be able to get take FTTP service for £45+VAT per month or less, and maybe get some cashback into the deal as well. But you have to trust OpenReach to activate the properties you are expecting - linking takes the uncertainty away.
Standard User S2KIP
(newbie) Wed 10-Oct-18 17:08:45
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

I don't think anyone would sign up, we already get ~65 Mbit FTTC which is more than enough for an ordinary user.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User simon194
(experienced) Thu 11-Oct-18 08:44:01
Print Post

Round my way I managed to get 28 prepared to sign up for a group order but then Openreach came along and upped the speed on my estate from an average 14 Mbps to around 45 Mbps and now everyone seems to be happy with the free speed boost.
Standard User NornIron91
(newbie) Thu 11-Oct-18 14:56:17
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

My confirmed build charge of £21450 must be the highest on this forum and I think that price is without VAT too. I think I will have to go for the Community Fibre Partnership as I believe the other people on my road that the fibre would have been bypassing are on <2Mb.
Standard User candlerb
(member) Thu 11-Oct-18 15:17:08
Print Post

[re: NornIron91] [link to this post]

Yes, you have the distinction of both the highest confirmed price, as well as a rare case where OpenReach declined to provide any desktop quote (£39K being the highest desktop quote seen to date).

Good luck with the CFP - it sounds like the right approach. Let us know how it goes.
Standard User NornIron91
(newbie) Thu 11-Oct-18 15:39:49
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by candlerb:
Yes, you have the distinction of both the highest confirmed price, as well as a rare case where OpenReach declined to provide any desktop quote (£39K being the highest desktop quote seen to date).

Good luck with the CFP - it sounds like the right approach. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks I will indeed. I think the real killer for my quote other than the 2.7km distance for the fibre cables to travel was that there is a 800m section where there are no telephone poles, to have one installed is about £500.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 11-Oct-18 15:51:22
Print Post

Itís not the poles, poling is relatively cheap, itís civils to provide ducts, and clearing blocked ducts that costs.

Standard User NornIron91
(newbie) Thu 11-Oct-18 16:17:40
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Surely they would only need to put in or clear ducts if I was in a town or city but I'm out in the countryside where they would use poles. A new pole is £451.17 + VAT and I probably would have needed 16 of them (one every 50m) which is £8662.46
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 11-Oct-18 16:19:59
Print Post

Presumably there is a reason for that 800m without poles?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 01/10/18 - 71908/13506Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Pages in this thread: << 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | [26] | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to