General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 512uk
(newbie) Mon 30-Jul-18 12:54:35
Print Post

Openreach cancelled FTTP order - NAD issue?

[link to this post]

Just bought a house in rural Mid-Wales. DSL checker initially showed FTTP "waiting list", due to lack of FDP capacity. After checking every few weeks, this became "available" so I placed an order. BT accepted the order, and after a few delays and hazy info for a few weeks, Openreach have now cancelled it.

The reason they have stated - "NAD requires reroute". Apparently they will have another update in a week for BT, and then order "should" be able to be placed again. I have tried unsuccessfully to get more info from BT - BT just say this means that local infrastructure is being built, but I'm sceptical that this could mean an address database error saying FTTP is available but isn't.

Could anyone shed any light on what this may mean, or perhaps suggest a way to have a conversation with Openreach to find out?
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-Jul-18 13:14:56
Print Post

Re: Openreach cancelled FTTP order - NAD issue?

[re: 512uk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 512uk:
Just bought a house in rural Mid-Wales. DSL checker initially showed FTTP "waiting list", due to lack of FDP capacity. After checking every few weeks, this became "available" so I placed an order. BT accepted the order, and after a few delays and hazy info for a few weeks, Openreach have now cancelled it.

BTOR have only cancelled the install, you will find that you still "should" have an open order, its best to keep that as an open order or you "will" loose your allocated fibre.

The reason they have stated - "NAD requires reroute". Apparently they will have another update in a week for BT, and then order "should" be able to be placed again. I have tried unsuccessfully to get more info from BT - BT just say this means that local infrastructure is being built, but I'm sceptical that this could mean an address database error saying FTTP is available but isn't.

I "think" that means that the fibre route to your home might need upgrading or installed due to no fibres free at this moment, but might have some spare once a new fibre gets installed into the splitter.
A NAD is a Network Address that is linked to your line, you can also use this NAD Key along with your District ID when you do your DSL Lookup.

Could anyone shed any light on what this may mean, or perhaps suggest a way to have a conversation with Openreach to find out?

Have you tried chatting with BTOR on Twitter https://twitter.com/OpenreachHelp ?
They do chat to the public, I would suggest sending them a Message and not a Tweet that way things are kept private.

Paul

BTBroadband - Ultrafast 2 + FVA
Exchange Name: Ilford Central (LNILC) Cabinet: 24
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User 512uk
(newbie) Mon 30-Jul-18 13:55:17
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply.

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
BTOR have only cancelled the install, you will find that you still "should" have an open order, its best to keep that as an open order or you "will" loose your allocated fibre.

That's what I'm concerned about. I am going by the fact the order on the BT site now says complete/cancelled.

I "think" that means that the fibre route to your home might need upgrading or installed due to no fibres free at this moment, but might have some spare once a new fibre gets installed into the splitter.
A NAD is a Network Address that is linked to your line, you can also use this NAD Key along with your District ID when you do your DSL Lookup.

That's reassuring, thanks. I was concerned it pointed to a DB error, since the properties are Welsh spelt, there are a couple of permutations/similar addresses. A minor detail but I also noticed my property on the DSL checker has a NAD key but not the UPRN, whereas all the neighbours have both numbers...

Have you tried chatting with BTOR on Twitter https://twitter.com/OpenreachHelp ?

Thanks for the suggestion, just sent a DM.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-Jul-18 14:58:08
Print Post

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I'm concerned about. I am going by the fact the order on the BT site now says complete/cancelled.

Hmmm, when we had build issues with our FTTP Install, BTOR cancelled the visit(s) and install multiple times, but our order with BT was kept open.
Basically you want BT to keep the order open to reserve the fibre for your install, there is nothing worse than spending loads of time getting this resolved to somebody else acquiring your fibre due to BT closed the order freeing up that fibre.

That's reassuring, thanks. I was concerned it pointed to a DB error, since the properties are Welsh spelt, there are a couple of permutations/similar addresses. A minor detail but I also noticed my property on the DSL checker has a NAD key but not the UPRN, whereas all the neighbours have both numbers...

Well I might be wrong here so don't quote me on this, but UPRN (Unique Property Reference Number) which is a unique ID for every addressable location in GB.

I say due to a few houses that were made into multiple flats have the same linked UPRN (parent) but will also have an individual UPRN number.

I have also seen loads of addresses on the DSL Checker who also don't have a UPRN, not sure if this is an issue or not.

Thanks for the suggestion, just sent a DM.

They are normally quick to reply, well they have when I speak to them.

Paul

TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Mon 30-Jul-18 15:07:13
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Paul

Indeed, last time I messaged them on Twitter they replied instantly telling me to go away and ask my Service Provider.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-Jul-18 15:46:42
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by j0hn83:

Paul

Indeed, last time I messaged them on Twitter they replied instantly telling me to go away and ask my Service Provider.

Really, I have spoken to them loads of times now and only one Guy told me that, so maybe you got somebody that was having a bad day, but it also depends on the issues and what and how you ask them.

I last asked them about a friends FTTC being removed not long after it was installed and they was very fast in replying and told me why.

So they do talk to you.

But then again I have reported loads of issues to them in the past.

Paul

Standard User witchunt
(experienced) Mon 30-Jul-18 16:35:37
Print Post

I'd suggest it just means they need to reallocate a route to a different Fibre DP/Manifold, possibly due to capacity or because it's a more suitable method of installation.
Standard User 512uk
(newbie) Mon 30-Jul-18 17:38:36
Print Post

I didn't get anywhere with the Openreach Twitter DM. I got a standard data protection reply saying they couldn't discuss with me directly and that any queries need to go via the ISP. Frustrating but I can appreciate their position.

I have however spoke with BT again to clarify what a NAD re-route actually means, and they said that a cancellation is normal procedure and once the routing is complete the order can be replaced. They explained the NAD routing is cabling to the address that needs to be redone, and not necessarily a problem with the address.

A reassuring update I think, I will keep you posted as and when I have an update from them on Friday.
Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Mon 30-Jul-18 18:13:25
Print Post

I didn't get anywhere with the Openreach Twitter DM. I got a standard data protection reply saying they couldn't discuss with me directly and that any queries need to go via the ISP. Frustrating but I can appreciate their position.

Just what I said they would say

In reply to a post by j0hn83:

I would wait and see if your ISP can sort it before having to contact OpenReach direct.

If it does come to that you may get a better response by emailing them. That shouldn't be necessary though.

Keep an eye on the broadband availability checker for any changes in the meantime.
Standard User 512uk
(newbie) Wed 01-Aug-18 09:59:58
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Iíve checked the DSL checker this morning and now FTTP is no longer showing as available. This is the same for lookups via both my phone number and address.

I donít know how up to date this data is. The only date on there is near the NTE Faceplate heading and that says 21.07.2018. Perhaps itís only refreshed every 7 days or so and itís just a blip?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to