General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Magicuk27
(newbie) Thu 02-Aug-18 22:17:02
Print Post

FTTC waiting list issues.

[link to this post]

FTTC order but full now/issues.......
[link to this post]
Edit post Reply to this post Quote this post in a reply
Ordered up to 76mb service on 14th July with a new line and activation on 7th. Issues arised and Plusnet advices issue with the order going over for phone line. When I places the order I paid the £200 ish upfront for line rental saver. When I ordered the cabinet had capacity and happy days. Now my line wonít be enabled till a little later. Trying to get the answer out of Plusnet was when I order is my port reserved at the cabinet there and then (14th June) or is there no way they can do that until an actually line is installed?

Other info is itís a huewei 288 cabinet and see port cards can be upgraded from 48 to 64 to give a potential 384 connections on this type of cabinet. Any info appreciated from people who know how fttc lines are provisioned and port is booked.

Thanks.
Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Fri 03-Aug-18 00:31:15
Print Post

Re: FTTC waiting list issues.

[re: Magicuk27] [link to this post]

The port is allocated once OpenReach accept the order from the ISP.
If your delay is unrelated to the FTTC cabinet and the order hasn't been cancelled then your port is sitting waiting for you.

When the line cards are upgraded to High Density 64 port cards the FTTC cabinet gets a physical extension added to the side of the cabinet to accommodate the larger line cards.
Like seen in this image

Edited by j0hn83 (Fri 03-Aug-18 00:31:37)

Standard User witchunt
(experienced) Fri 03-Aug-18 10:20:40
Print Post

Which cabinet?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Magicuk27
(newbie) Fri 03-Aug-18 16:23:45
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

P7 itís a huewei 288
Standard User Magicuk27
(newbie) Fri 03-Aug-18 16:26:03
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Iíve had a look at the cabinet and it hasnít had the extension on the side so still 288, how long does this work take to carry out in general or no info really on how long.
Standard User witchunt
(experienced) Fri 03-Aug-18 18:33:18
Print Post

Ok. Which exchange?
Standard User witchunt
(experienced) Fri 03-Aug-18 18:37:58
Print Post

It may or may not be due expansion. It could still be due expansion by additional cards and or tie cables . Additional ties may require extra duct work to be installed. Or there could be ports free but not available as they have been marked faulty and are awaiting repair.
Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Fri 03-Aug-18 20:52:00
Print Post

P7 on what exchange? you mentioned Wallington on another thread but P7 on Wallington isn't at capacity so I'd guess it's another exchange?

how long does this work take to carry out in general or no info really on how long.

That question seems to make the wrong assumption that they do this upgrade when a cabinet gets full.
I know a couple cabinets that have been full for over 2 years with no sign of expansion or a 2nd cabinet on the way.

Providing the exchange/cabinet number will allow some well connected members to lookup this info for you.
Be prepared to hear that there are no plans to add capacity as that's very likely.

As I mentioned earlier your port should already be allocated so you should be alright.
Standard User Magicuk27
(newbie) Fri 03-Aug-18 21:46:25
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

Apologies everyone. Itís Copthorne exchange. Rh10
Standard User witchunt
(experienced) Sat 04-Aug-18 11:27:37
Print Post

I don't think the cabinet is full as yet. Could be waiting duct and additional tie pair's or just waiting for existing faults in the cabinet/ties to be repaired
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to