General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User steelrat51
(learned) Mon 13-Aug-18 13:35:10
Print Post

Second FTTC

[link to this post]

So after a quote of £39,000 FTTP will be if i'm lucky 10 years away or longer, being on a banded FTTC for over a year yet the line never drops and is rock solid I am looking at ways to increase bandwidth and wanted to ask if anyone has two FTTC going to the same address and did they notice crosstalk killing the other connection? I am tempted to order a second FTTC but dont want to end up having two lines providing the same speed I currently get with one.

Thanks in advance.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 13-Aug-18 13:38:54
Print Post

Re: Second FTTC

[re: steelrat51] [link to this post]

Crosstalk may or may not be an issue, until a line is active the impact is an unknown

As for speeds a lot depends on the line and location again. So may be slower, faster or the same.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Aug-18 16:40:02
Print Post

As MrS, cross talk may/may not affect you.

We have customers who have had two lines and have seen a near-immediate change in sync on the original line but also, we see others that are not impacted. We have three test lines in our office (added over time) but none have been impacted by the addition of the second and then third.

The only way of knowing is to try to see how your lines specifically will act and be impacted, if at all.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User simon194
(experienced) Tue 14-Aug-18 09:42:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I had two lines at my last place and there was no impact when the second was installed but they did sync at different speeds, the original one at 55 Mbps and the other a 27 Mbps.
Standard User craski
(committed) Tue 14-Aug-18 09:56:04
Print Post

I have two FTTC lines at one location and both sync at full 80/20.
As others have said, you may or may not be impacted by cross talk and you cannot tell until activated but in my case, we did not notice any drop in performance on the first line when the second was installed/activated.

Zen Business FTTC BQM
Talk Talk Business FTTC BQM
IDNET ADSL BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to