General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User clojo
(newbie) Wed 15-Aug-18 13:05:29
Print Post

What is the maximum i can get on my line

[link to this post]

Hello there just joined and wonder if you can help me. I currently have sky broadband and my speed is around 38mb, when I check with bt it states this Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but demand is high on your cabinet right now.
This means you may not be able to order fibre today but we're working to increase capacity. Please check back for an update.

Does this mean that another cabinet needs to be pt in or what would be the situation, also what would be the maximum speed I can get on my line.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.
Standard User 512uk
(learned) Wed 15-Aug-18 14:03:09
Print Post

Re: What is the maximum i can get on my line

[re: clojo] [link to this post]

I think it means your DP for FTTC or FTTP is full and you can't have a product until capacity at the DP is increased.

What does the BT DSL checker show? Link

100Mbps Ethernet Leased Line (work)

My Broadband Speed Test
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 15-Aug-18 14:05:11
Print Post

[re: 512uk] [link to this post]

Nothing to do with the DP if it is FTTC we are talking about

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 15-Aug-18 14:08:03
Print Post

On the capacity there are various things that can reach capacity, so it may be a few weeks or could be months. So could be a whole new cabinet, or extension to existing one, another line card, more copper pair links

This will also stop you migrating for now.

In terms of what speed you can get https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm and find the Address Checker link at the bottom

Type in your postcode, then select the property name/number and you will get a range of speeds that are expected.

You cannot use phone number as Sky LLU numbers don't work in the BT wholesale checker

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Wed 15-Aug-18 14:40:16
Print Post

That's a standard message for your FTTC cabinet is full.
Even if they have absolutely no plans to increase capacity you get that message.

It may only need new line cards (quick and easy) or it may need a whole new cabinet (long, extensive process).

Not every full cabinet will have capacity added unfortunately.

If you tell is the exchange/cabinet number then someone will look it up.
  Print Thread

Jump to