General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User abat
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 29-Nov-18 22:21:33
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD desktop quotes and final prices

[re: Retron] [link to this post]

My update this week:

The underground and jointing estimates have now been raised, we are just waiting on the start dates, we will let you know as soon as we have them.

Mike
Standard User Alvintc
(newbie) Fri 30-Nov-18 18:17:51
Print Post

[re: griff_90] [link to this post]

I've requested my full survey.
Timeline:
2/10/18 - Requested desktop survey (Cerberus)
18/10/18 - Desktop survey £15,600.00 (ex. VAT)
23/10/18 - Full survey requested

Also, Howdy & all that jazz
Standard User bomber456
(committed) Fri 30-Nov-18 20:50:47
Print Post

[re: Spinstorm] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Spinstorm:
So I got this today from Cerebus

“Estimated Build Cost: £9,300.00 ex VAT

The build charge includes the estimate for the work and materials required to deliver the service. It also includes the connection charge.

Number of premises passed for FTTP: 6”

I am going to go ahead and make the order so I can get the survey done. I won’t be paying that estimate above there but if its less than 5k I just might.

I was told at least 2 months for the survey as there is stop on new orders that is removed on 1st Dec and they are full up with Dec orders - so sometime January for survey.

Hi when did you submit your order for your survey? i presume mine will be done in the new year too. Desktop quote was £8900+VAT hoping it will be under 5k...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rman
(newbie) Mon 03-Dec-18 10:53:04
Print Post

[re: bomber456] [link to this post]

I quite like reading updates from other people so ithought i'd share mine.

I've just had a look at planned road/street works in my area and spotted some BT work on the green cabinets that i assume is related to my fibre install. There are 2, i assume for the original green cab and the FTTC green cab.

1: STREET CABINET and POWER INSTALLATION. Excavate to lay approx 22m BT ducts, Lay concrete plinth, Stand cab. Excavate to expose low voltage cable for Power Connection and lay approx m duct. POWER engineer to carry out inspection prior to jointing. POWER jointing team to insert cable and execute jointing works. Reinstate, Check and clear site.

2. STREET CABINET and POWER INSTALLATION. Excavate to lay approx 16m BT ducts, Lay concrete plinth, Stand cab. Excavate to expose low voltage cable for Power Connection and lay approx 36m duct. POWER engineer to carry out inspection prior to jointing. POWER jointing team to insert cable and execute jointing works. Reinstate, Check and clear site.

Both have the date 7 Dec - 14 Dec.
Standard User candlerb
(member) Mon 03-Dec-18 11:44:32
Print Post

[re: rman] [link to this post]

As I understand, FTTP doesn't use the cabinets at all, so it's probably just coincidence.

I actually had the same. My FTTC cabinet has reached capacity: the availability checker shows "waiting list" when I search by address (but not by phone number, where it just shows "available").

So they had to reshell the PCP to increase the tie-pair capacity. That involved some pavement digging too. But AFAIK it's nothing to do with the ongoing FTTPoD install.
Standard User lincsat
(learned) Mon 03-Dec-18 12:26:34
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

I don't know the correct terms but my surveyor said that there was some new fibre equipment needed near the AN, I assume some sort of connector/splitter. In my case it was going down a manhole around 5M away from the AN (which is also down a manhole)
Standard User candlerb
(member) Mon 03-Dec-18 12:47:45
Print Post

[re: lincsat] [link to this post]

Yes it's all underground: this video outlines it. You get a brief view of an aggregation node (at 3:07) and splitter node (at 3:24).

My guess is that you are quite close to the aggregation node, so they put a splitter next to it to serve you (and in future, anyone else nearby)
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 03-Dec-18 13:02:56
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

+1

Standard User brookheather
(learned) Mon 03-Dec-18 15:35:15
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Today OpenReach have started running the fibre cable through the ducting from the AG node for my FTTPoD order so hopefully not too long now before installation is complete.
Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Mon 03-Dec-18 19:46:43
Print Post

[re: rman] [link to this post]

Those roadworks are definitely unrelated to your FTTPoD install.
I've never seen any FTTP equipment in any cabinet. It's in underground chambers or pole mounted.

There's no reason for them to touch the PCP cabinet or the FTTC cabinet.

In some cases the Aggregation Node could be in a chamber right next to a PCP. Even then nothing goes through the PCP from the Agg Node.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to