General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Mon 10-Dec-18 17:11:26
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD desktop quotes and final prices

[re: Alvintc] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Alvintc:
I've requested my full survey.
Timeline:
2/10/18 - Requested desktop survey (Cerberus)
18/10/18 - Desktop survey £15,600.00 (ex. VAT)
23/10/18 - Full survey requested

Also, Howdy & all that jazz

10/12/2018 - Invoiced for Field Survey

Hopefully somethings moving!

I thought there was a temporary suspension of FTTPoD orders in place, ie no order is going beyond the desktop survey stage? Unless the suspension has been lifted by Openreach?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/09/openre...

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Netgear AX12 (RAX120) Beta tester
Standard User NornIron91
(learned) Mon 10-Dec-18 17:51:00
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
I've requested my full survey.
Timeline:
2/10/18 - Requested desktop survey (Cerberus)
18/10/18 - Desktop survey £15,600.00 (ex. VAT)
23/10/18 - Full survey requested

Also, Howdy & all that jazz

10/12/2018 - Invoiced for Field Survey

Hopefully somethings moving!

I thought there was a temporary suspension of FTTPoD orders in place, ie no order is going beyond the desktop survey stage? Unless the suspension has been lifted by Openreach?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/09/openre...

According to Spinstorm the suspension was lifted on 1st December, "as there is stop on new orders that is removed on 1st Dec "
Standard User F00tS0re
(newbie) Tue 11-Dec-18 09:08:18
Print Post

[re: NornIron91] [link to this post]

Yes, suspension lifted but think the main providers have a backlog of survey orders and are limited to what they can put through per month. Demand exceeding supply.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brookheather
(learned) Thu 13-Dec-18 18:19:12
Print Post

[re: griff_90] [link to this post]

Does anyone know if it's possible to ask OpenReach to install the CBT in a slightly different position? Currently the three houses either side of me are due to get FTTP once my FTTPoD installation completes however my neighbour five houses away would love to get FTTP - if the CBT installation was shifted right by two houses then they would be covered by my installation and wouldn't need to pay for their own installation. Thoughts?
Standard User abat
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Dec-18 20:21:36
Print Post

[re: brookheather] [link to this post]

My update this week doesn't sound good ...

Openreach have advised that the underground cabler has been to site and advise duct blockage has been encountered on route.

Peperwork has been sent to the DAN team to progress and raise a civils estimate to clear.

Mike
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Thu 13-Dec-18 20:59:55
Print Post

[re: abat] [link to this post]

My update this week is pretty much waiting on and chasing Morrison Utilities.

Civils supplier has been chased for an update to build a new cable chamber box.

Once completed underground can go to site to complete short cable route.

It sounds like that's the only thing really holding my order up.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Dec-18 21:00:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by brookheather:
Does anyone know if it's possible to ask OpenReach to install the CBT in a slightly different position? Currently the three houses either side of me are due to get FTTP once my FTTPoD installation completes however my neighbour five houses away would love to get FTTP - if the CBT installation was shifted right by two houses then they would be covered by my installation and wouldn't need to pay for their own installation. Thoughts?

The Openreach planners will already have designed your build and determined which premises will be able to order a 'native' FTTP service on the back of your FTTPoD order. I very much doubt they will start enabling out of reach premises free of charge purely on request. They have to draw a line somewhere...

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2
Standard User Blmcg
(learned) Thu 13-Dec-18 23:36:20
Print Post

It depends if they are fed from the same DP as yours.
If there are more premises served by a DP than there are CBT ports (minus spares) then Openreach does make an initial allocation.
We've had the allocated list then ran past us, querying if adjacent premises have expressed interest so they could tailor the "enabled" premises.

This is decided immediately after survey, so may be hard to change now.

Blair McGregor
Network Architect - Syscomm
Standard User brookheather
(regular) Fri 14-Dec-18 11:00:45
Print Post

[re: Blmcg] [link to this post]

I am still waiting for two blocked ducts to be cleared so the DP / CBT hasn't been installed yet - I saw someone from OpenReach last week who said he was looking at the best place to install it. Anyway Cerberus have passed my request on to OpenReach so I will see if they are able to include my friend in my installation.
Standard User F00tS0re
(newbie) Fri 14-Dec-18 12:22:44
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
In reply to a post by brookheather:

The Openreach planners will already have designed your build and determined which premises will be able to order a 'native' FTTP service on the back of your FTTPoD order. I very much doubt they will start enabling out of reach premises free of charge purely on request. They have to draw a line somewhere...

Talking to the installers on mine they have been told to leave plenty of loops on the route to mine. Presumably this is to allow joints to be installed and additional premises added as and when demand dictates. So they do seem to think of others when running the installs.
But if there are plenty of targets then likely to go with the nearest ones to you rather than position a CBT further away to make 1 neighbour happy.
Pages in this thread: << 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to