General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Nov-18 21:45:54
Print Post

Re: Closed original thread; this segment to carry on..

[re: seb] [link to this post]

It's not me that decides when to close a thread because its too big is it???? It's you, so it makes perfect sense for you to do it to any thread you close because its got too big wink And the reason these threads have got big is because they are popular, so a continuation thread with links back to the previous one for YOUR community would be helpful smile

Administrator seb
(founder) Sun 04-Nov-18 21:58:51
Print Post

Re: Closed original thread; this segment to carry on..

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
It's not me that decides when to close a thread because its too big is it???? It's you, so it makes perfect sense for you to do it to any thread you close because its got too big wink And the reason these threads have got big is because they are popular, so a continuation thread with links back to the previous one for YOUR community would be helpful smile

I linked from the original into this continuation one.. I didn't do the reverse.. I should have done.
This is a community forum so anyone can be useful and provide that link. I'm working right not (i.e. not on TBB)

Sebastien Lahtinen
Co-Founder,
thinkbroadband.com
seb@thinkbroadband.com

personal blog - blog.seb.me.uk
twitter - @sebtweet
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Retron
(newbie) Mon 05-Nov-18 05:29:51
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD desktop quotes and final prices

[re: griff_90] [link to this post]

Here's the first part:

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4595298-ftt...

And an earlier topic:

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4586020-ftt...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fredfox
(experienced) Mon 05-Nov-18 19:29:17
Print Post

[re: Retron] [link to this post]

Thank you.

Pipex
Nildram
UKFSN
Be *
Xilo / Uno
Now -> Zen and BT

Fibre is here ! FTTP smile
Standard User bcsalt
(newbie) Tue 06-Nov-18 17:21:05
Print Post

[re: NornIron91] [link to this post]

Another desktop & final quote

Desktop £31000 + VAT

Proceeded with survey as a property near to us is in the process of getting fttp, hoped this might provide a cheap route... (old manor house, we are in one of their gate/lodge houses. Unfortunately turns out we're fed from different exchanges)

final quote dropped to £11945 + VAT

A huge drop, unfortunately still just too high for me to justify, here ends the dream!
Standard User abat
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Nov-18 18:29:54
Print Post

[re: bcsalt] [link to this post]

The estimated build charge was £12,300.00 + VAT. The confirmed build charge is £3,237.00 + VAT. This includes the reduction for the survey and a deduction of £900.00 for premises passed.

Going ahead!

Mike
Standard User candlerb
(member) Tue 06-Nov-18 22:49:50
Print Post

[re: abat] [link to this post]

Nice one!

I think this is a good time to summarise the 21 FTTPoD results which have been kindly shared by forum members.

For me, the most interesting aspect is the percentage of the original desktop quote people eventually end up paying.

* All final quotes except one were at 73% of the desktop quote or lower
* Three quarters of people got a final quote which was 58% of desktop quote or lower
* A quarter of people got a final quote which was 41% or lower

Those percentages also include the £250 survey fee.

The desktop quote process is clearly erring considerably on the side of caution. I'd say it's worth paying for the survey if you would be happy to pay 60-70% of the desktop price - and there is a good chance you may end up paying less than that.

The sample only includes those people who decided to go forward for the paid survey - some decided it wasn't worth paying to find out - and of course those who decided to share their results with the forum. However it still covers quite a wide range: the median desktop quote from this group was £12,950. Interestingly, the median final quote was just £4,000 (that's not including the £250 survey charge or VAT)

The highest final quote was £21,540, and this was for a property which was so difficult that no desktop quote could be provided at all.

The lowest final quote was "free", because it turned out the area was already in process of FTTP roll-out; the lowest real FTTPoD final quote was £2,151.73.
Standard User radii
(learned) Fri 09-Nov-18 10:16:00
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Hi all,
You can add this information to the mix:
B Market
Band D for FTTPOD
Under old system install quote was £3500+vat

New system desktop quote: £16,200+vat
Confirmed build charge: £6970+vat (including reduction for survey and premises passed)

Seems like I was better off under old system.
Is the ONT being installed now just 1 port or could it be 2 or 4?
If I went ahead and wanted BT Ultra fast 4 connection as well (to keep business/ residential separate) would that be possible with 1 ONT port or would there be another installation charge or is it not possible?
Standard User candlerb
(member) Fri 09-Nov-18 10:55:13
Print Post

[re: radii] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by radii:
Under old system install quote was £3500+vat

New system desktop quote: £16,200+vat
Confirmed build charge: £6970+vat (including reduction for survey and premises passed)

Seems like I was better off under old system.

For you it's roughly the same overall, because the old system had a much higher three-year loading on the monthly rental.

Three year cost under old system: 3500 + 36*165 = £9,440

Three year cost under new system: 250 + 6970 + 12*100 + 24*62.5 = £9,920

This drops to £9,500 if you are happy to reduce speed from 330/30 to 150/30 (at a monthly rental of £45) for years 2 and 3.

Also, if you can apply for the business Gigabit voucher then you're £3,000 better off.
Standard User candlerb
(member) Fri 09-Nov-18 11:05:30
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

I would like to know the answer about the ONTs as well, as I'm in the same situation as you.

If they don't install multi-port ONTs any more then I'm going to ask them to pull two fibres from the DP.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to