General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 11-Nov-18 11:23:31
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD desktop quotes and final prices

[re: radii] [link to this post]

First question, is FTTP orderable at your address ? If not, you might be getting little help because ‘computer says no’. It may all become a lot easier when it is available for order where you are.

I suspect Mr.Fox succeeded as the second port was enabled by Zen who are a bit more ‘together’ over such things.

Standard User candlerb
(member) Sun 11-Nov-18 12:25:07
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

I think we are talking about an FTTPoD-already-in-progress location. Computer will say "no" to WBC FTTP until shortly before the FTTPoD service goes live.

The question really boils down to this: is it still possible to have two FTTP services at the same location, given that OR are now only installing single-port ONTs and single pre-connectorised fibres?

I think you'd just have to order the second FTTP and see what happens. They might swap the ONT for a 4-port; or they might install a second ONT and fibre. Or they might just say no.

In my case, I intend to ask the engineer if they have a 4-port ONT available, or if they'll pull two fibres.

I have installed some conduit for the fibre to go through; it would be a shame to pull one, only to destroy it later to pull two more.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Sun 11-Nov-18 12:50:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by radii:
The question is how do i get this done myself?

Rang BT retail- not able to order FTTP service/ don't support FTTPOD
Cerebrus- not able to do 2 orders at same time for FTTPOD.

Any suggestions?

You'll have to wait until the BT checker starts showing 'WBC FTTP' for your property which will only happen a few weeks before your FTTPoD service goes live. Get in touch with Cerberus or BT at that point and they will advise you if you can order a second FTTP line then and possibly get it activated at the same time as FTTPoD (or shortly afterwards). Otherwise you will have to wait until your FTTPoD is live.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sun 11-Nov-18 12:57:47)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User radii
(learned) Sun 11-Nov-18 13:45:39
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

ok, will wait for WBC FTTP (currently just shows FTTPOD available) to show on the BT checker, my install time is from 3-12months....
Standard User FibreFelix
(newbie) Mon 12-Nov-18 10:29:52
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

I too would be very interested to find out whether this is possible. We have FTTPoD installed under the old scheme. The engineer arrived and said that whilst he could have put the new 1 port ONT in for us, as we're mixed residential and business he said he'd put a 4 port ONT in as he had one in his van and so we have that in place and working.

The checker for us is an interesting one. Before it was all installed although in the final stages, the checker said WBC FTTP available and we could have placed an order with another supplier. When it was activated however, the checker changed and now says FTTPoD 1000/220 available however and not native FTTP. I spoke to Cerberus about this and apparently after the 3 year term it will change to native FTTP. That said, the engineer said that we could have up to 4 ports on the ONT running with FTTP and there wouldn't be a need for another engineer visit as the ONT ports could be activated by an ISP remotely. We would like to potentially order another FTTP connection although on the checker it says we don't have native FTTP (even though it's installed and running) Therefore, we are unable to order.

Can anyone shed any light here as the infrastructure is all there and in place!

Edited by FibreFelix (Mon 12-Nov-18 12:22:06)

Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Mon 12-Nov-18 11:24:32
Print Post

[re: FibreFelix] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by FibreFelix:
The checker for us is an interesting one. Before it was all installed although in the final stages, the checker said WBC FTTP available and we could have placed an order with another supplier. When it was activated however, the checker changed and now says FTTPoD 1000/220 available however and not native FTTP. I spoke to Cerberus about this and apparently after the 3 year term it will change to native FTTP.

Cerberus are talking utter rubbish. Once your FTTPoD is live, the BT checker should change to 'WBC FTTP' for your property - ie no different to an address with native FTTP. Mine has been like this since May 2017:

https://i.postimg.cc/pr914YdN/BT-checker.jpg

In your case it sounds like a classic Openreach database error. I would email Mr S (Andrew) your details so that he can prod Openreach to fix this, otherwise no ISP will let you order a second FTTP line.

andrew@thinkbroadband.com

Good luck! smile

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2

Edited by baby_frogmella (Mon 12-Nov-18 11:31:31)

Standard User ionic
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 12-Nov-18 11:53:38
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Pull one plus a second drawstring and leave that in situ. That can be used to pull another at a later date.
Standard User adrenalize_
(newbie) Mon 12-Nov-18 12:24:57
Print Post

[re: ionic] [link to this post]

If it's not a long duct run and a bit space to leave a bit of cord I usually use a puller twice the length secured both ends, easy to pull either way as many times as you like.
Standard User candlerb
(member) Mon 12-Nov-18 14:09:56
Print Post

[re: adrenalize_] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adrenalize_:
If it's not a long duct run and a bit space to leave a bit of cord I usually use a puller twice the length secured both ends, easy to pull either way as many times as you like.

Yep, that's not a bad idea, thanks.
Standard User lincsat
(learned) Mon 12-Nov-18 17:10:34
Print Post

The checker has gone to WBC FTTP available for my premises with the latest update from Cerberus being - "Openreach confirmed that Civils are now reported as complete. Underground cabling is in progress with local Openreach cabling team."

Looks like I'm not too far away now smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to