General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Nov-18 17:50:54
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD desktop quotes and final prices

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

I've never known a 2nd fibre to be lit for a 2nd FTTP connection.

In the same blown four fibre bundle .... yep, installed on that before.

The home owner had to halt the stage one guy who was planning to fit a second BFT and CSP.

Standard User lincsat
(learned) Wed 14-Nov-18 19:18:21
Print Post

[re: lincsat] [link to this post]

Also noticed today that there is now the Fibre connection block appeared on the local Telegraph pole. I guess the next stage is the new overhead cable
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Fri 16-Nov-18 11:28:40
Print Post

[re: lincsat] [link to this post]

I just had an update from Cerberus this morning...

Openreach have confirmed that the costs have now been accepted and upload on their system. We are now waiting on planning to raise the work estimates.

But... I've already paid them over 3 grand for the confirmed install cost a month ago. What? crazy

EDIT: Further email, it was just badly worded. It was just to confirm that the order is now underway pretty much. Phew!

Edited by Ixel (Fri 16-Nov-18 11:33:55)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User candlerb
(member) Fri 16-Nov-18 12:24:35
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

Yes, that worried me too when I first saw it. In my case I got:

Openreach has advised us today that the underground cabling have encountered 2 blockages and a buried box.

New estimate will have to be raised to deal with the buried box, once we have the estimate and ECD we will let you know.

then:

Openreach informed us that the A55 (paper work from engineer) has been received and passed to civils team to raise an estimate for duct blockages.

When the estimate is raised we will have a date for the blockage clearance and we will pass it to you.

It appears such "estimates" are internal between OpenReach and their contractors. Just sit tight.
Standard User abat
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 16-Nov-18 21:56:30
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

I didnít get an update this week but they did warn me I might not hear until next week.

Mike

Edited by abat (Sat 17-Nov-18 08:08:50)

Standard User Pheasant
(learned) Sat 17-Nov-18 10:50:19
Print Post

[re: abat] [link to this post]

Last Cerberus update I had was on 30 October...

"Openreach advised that they have an Over-head estimate and underground cabling and Jointing estimate on this order. Both allocators have been chased for an update-The overhead estimate is currently awaiting a survey to be completed- 1 CABLE OVER 15 SPANS BETWEEN 16 POLES. The underground allocator has replied to advise that the earliest he can start TRRT would be 07/11/2018."

They get an update every Thursday from OR apparently, but it can taken them a day ot two to pass that on. So hopefully I'll get an email on Monday/Tuesday with the latest goings on!
Standard User thematt
(newbie) Sun 18-Nov-18 19:53:32
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

Thought i'd chime in with mine.

survey came back . £8,000

Number of properties passed : 3.

Don't see how it's 3 but anyway £8k isn't feasable for me frown guess im stuck with 80Mbit VDSL since virgin have been broken in Bedford for 3 years now and is still broken (oversubscribed)
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Nov-18 20:45:02
Print Post

[re: thematt] [link to this post]

Itíll be the three other properties served by the same copper DP as your current line.

Standard User candlerb
(member) Sun 18-Nov-18 21:35:01
Print Post

[re: thematt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by thematt:
survey came back . £8,000

Desktop survey?

If you are prepared to gamble £250+VAT to find out, the final price will almost certainly be under £6000, and 50:50 chance it's under £4000.

That's still a lot to upgrade from 80/20 VDSL of course.

If you're a business there's a £2500 gigabit voucher available.
Standard User F00tS0re
(newbie) Mon 19-Nov-18 15:05:42
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Just thought I would pop in and say hello, have benefited a lot from the info in here, so thanks to everyone. In rural North Yorkshire with 2.5-3 miles back to exchange.
Desktop Request 26/04/18
Desktop Quote Received 01/06/18 for £29,100ex VAT
Survey Request 01/06/18 paid £250.00
Final Quote 10/09/18 for £12,514.00ex VAT (£3k Gigabit voucher to remove and VAT reclaimable as we are a set of holiday cottages we need decent broadband as can have 40 guests on site)
...and that is with me installing 150m of ducting across our land
Less than 50% of desktop quote, however between the desktop and survey a lot of work was done in the town meaning 50% of the distance was in perfect working order as they pulled fibre for a new estate.
Order Placed 01/10/18
Have since received delivery of ducting for me to install but not draw rope so I can't start.
Today Morrisons turned up to install 240m of duct in the verge of our lane to connect us up to the nearest duct.
Cereberus have been great with communication. Just need OR to be a bit more communicative, have spent £12k with them and not a phone call from their Planner/PM to ensure I know what is going.
I had a delivery of 67 lengths of 3m duct turn up out of the blue and unloaded into garage! But can't start as need a rope and to confirm final route, we discussed two options with surveyor and I have a choice of two ground boxes I can terminate ducts to.
Dave
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to