General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User candlerb
(member) Sat 24-Nov-18 14:08:01
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD desktop quotes and final prices

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Take it up with your supplier; they are the ones who will have to apply for the voucher on your behalf.

As far as I understand, it's a question of being able to demonstrate that you are "trading" at that address. In my case, I was asked to provide either a business rates bill, a supplier invoice, or a business bank statement.
Standard User rman
(newbie) Mon 26-Nov-18 22:31:56
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Thought i'd share my latest update and at the same time ask if anyone knew what the next stages are for on order typically.

My latest info was: Openreach confirmed that underground cabling works estimate has now been raised with an estimated completion date of 29/11

My build estimate was approved and paid for on 22nd October.

What are the remaning stages till my connection is complete and usable?
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Nov-18 08:08:00
Print Post

[re: rman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rman:
What are the remaning stages till my connection is complete and usable?

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4552969-my-...

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Netgear XR700 running DumaOS

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User candlerb
(member) Tue 27-Nov-18 09:01:29
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

For comparison:

My confirmed order was submitted end of June. The survey said it required 34m of new duct and a new chamber.

OR first sent out their cabling people, who discovered upstream blocked ducts. It took a couple of months to fix and rope all of those. *Then* they started work on the new duct (mid-October). After digging a test hole, the contractor queried the permit[^1], left the hole with barriers around it for a couple of weeks, then fully reinstated it. A few weeks later they got a new permit and started all over again - they are working on it now.

I'm not expecting service until Jan-Feb at the earliest. But that's pretty good going compared to some.

[^1] The permit said "verge", and they weren't sure if this allowed them to work on carriageway or footway. However this bit of road doesn't have a footway tongue
Standard User candlerb
(member) Tue 27-Nov-18 09:06:25
Print Post

BTW, to view the images in baby_frogmella's linked post, you need to change postimg.org to postimg.cc
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Tue 27-Nov-18 11:09:10
Print Post

Just to update the thread with my order progress. Last week Cerberus told me that OR about to begin the underground cabling, hopefully there won't be many complications there (e.g. blocked ducts). I'm waiting for another update regarding the date, hopefully I'll hear about that later this week. I can't wait to get FTTP smile!
Standard User Spinstorm
(committed) Wed 28-Nov-18 18:41:38
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

So I got this today from Cerebus

“Estimated Build Cost: £9,300.00 ex VAT

The build charge includes the estimate for the work and materials required to deliver the service. It also includes the connection charge.

Number of premises passed for FTTP: 6”

I am going to go ahead and make the order so I can get the survey done. I won’t be paying that estimate above there but if its less than 5k I just might.

I was told at least 2 months for the survey as there is stop on new orders that is removed on 1st Dec and they are full up with Dec orders - so sometime January for survey.
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Thu 29-Nov-18 16:06:25
Print Post

[re: Spinstorm] [link to this post]

Just had an update today regarding my order.

The civils to build a new cable chamber box will need to be completed first before Openreach get cablers issued to complete the cabling on the short route. As soon as this has been completed I will let you know.

I wonder how far the cable is actually coming, 'on the short route' is interesting. I guess I'll see something on 'roadworks' soon.
Standard User lincsat
(learned) Thu 29-Nov-18 17:25:47
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

I've just had the new overhead cable and gone live with Cerberus Today.

My initial request for Desktop quote was Mid-Feb and it was mid-July when I placed the order, so 4 Months.

Downloads are currently showing only 100Mbit but I still have to change the 15m Ethernet cable between the ONT and Router which isn't the best, so will see how things go.
Standard User Retron
(newbie) Thu 29-Nov-18 17:34:59
Print Post

[re: griff_90] [link to this post]

I've never been so happy to be stuck a red traffic light on my way home from work. After something like the fifth attempt the "civils" are now underway to clear duct blockages with traffic lights popping up on the neighbouring road. Roadworks.org reports:

PROVISION OF SERVICE – Excavate onto BT ducts for the clearance of duct blockages in Fw/cw/verge to facilitate spine cabling works.

and

TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT to facilitate BT Openreach Fibre Cabling Works – Portable traffic signal head only, linked to notice/permit number (BC006M...)

If any of the people in the affected road read that they'd get quite excitied I'd imagine... whereas it's my road that'll benefit from it. Full marks to Cerberus for chasing and chasing and chasing!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to