It works well for me. The combination of Flat and Threaded modes is far better than the purely Flat mode that all the modern ones seem to have.
Maybe you don't have your display and other options set up very well. I recommend:
- Style sheet = thinkbroadband;
- Normal index;
- Active in the last week (or longer depending on how often you visit);
- Descending date (but maybe you are used to Ascending on other forums);
- Flat mode;
- Collapsed threads;
- Parent posts per page = 99;
- Posts per page in Flat mode = 99;
- Preview post screen = On;
- Text area columns = 140 (maybe a few more);
- Text area lines = 25;
- Show sigs = Yes;
- Show user status - Yes.
Also to make it run more smoothly put the forums you want to check regularly in "My Home >> Favourite Forums" and make that your entry page, not the Main Index.
I hope that helps.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk.
Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 01/10/18 - 71908/13506Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.