General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Robin1989
(newbie) Wed 07-Nov-18 11:47:22
Print Post

Community Fibre & gigabit voucher

[link to this post]

Iím thinking of signing up to start a community fibre application to Openreach and Iím wondering if you can use the gigabit vouchers with a community fibre project through Openreach or if that can only be used with other providers.
Standard User candlerb
(member) Wed 07-Nov-18 12:02:40
Print Post

Re: Community Fibre & gigabit voucher

[re: Robin1989] [link to this post]

https://gigabitvoucher.culture.gov.uk/for-businesses...
Standard User Robin1989
(learned) Wed 07-Nov-18 14:41:18
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Thank you for that link it answered my question and made me hopeful. Iím hopeful that I will be able to get a reasonable amount of people to join me as thereís 125+ properties in our street name with a few businesses run from home looking at google. And probably 4x that if I include the couple of neighbouring streets in our community.

Although at the end of the day I guess it depends how much people pull together and join up in the first place.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Robin1989
(learned) Fri 09-Nov-18 10:30:09
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by candlerb:
https://gigabitvoucher.culture.gov.uk/for-businesses...

Do you happen to know if local community centre get funding as well for full fibre or is it just businesses through the gigabit voucher scheme.
Standard User candlerb
(member) Fri 09-Nov-18 11:02:02
Print Post

[re: Robin1989] [link to this post]

The terms talk about "SME or sole trader" and the installation must be "at premises from which you actively trade".

But note:

Documentation we will accept includes: VAT registration; Charity Registration: HMRC
notification; sole trader UTR number; certification of incorporation (Limited Companies);
business bank account statement issued within the last three months; non-domestic rates
reference. Other documentation, such as business-related utility bills, may be acceptable in
special conditions if combined with other documentation.

So if your community centre is organised either as a charity or as a limited company, and/or it has to pay non-domestic rates, then I don't see why it can't apply. Check with the ISP you plan to take service from, since they have to apply for the voucher on your behalf.
  Print Thread

Jump to