General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Sat 08-Dec-18 17:35:43
Print Post

process of migrating an FTTP connection between ISPs

[link to this post]

I went FTTP with Zen in January and it's been very good but am eyeing up a BT fibre package as it looks to be cheaper when I come off minimum term with Zen.

What do I need to do as I have the ONT already in situ?

Do I place the order via the site when the time comes or do I need to ring BT and/or Zen to organise it (I had to order the FTTP install by phone)

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU => Zen FTTP (39.5 Mbps down, 9.5 Mbps up)
Router: Fritzbox 3490
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 08-Dec-18 18:42:40
Print Post

Re: process of migrating an FTTP connection between ISPs

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

If the checkers say you can have WBC FTTP (they should as you have) then an online order should be possible.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Sat 08-Dec-18 19:14:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Cheers Mr S

I'm hoping I can haggle with Zen to at least keep my price as is or preferably get it lower but if not I think I'll have a look around.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU => Zen FTTP (39.5 Mbps down, 9.5 Mbps up)
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User techguy
(experienced) Sun 16-Dec-18 16:23:08
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Looking further into this the BT deal doesn't extend to FTTP.

I'd prefer to stay with Zen anyway, going to haggle in January.

Print Thread

Jump to