General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bluemoon87
(regular) Tue 08-Jan-19 23:07:31
Print Post

Vodafone gigafast email advert

[link to this post]

A month or so ago I registered my interest in Vodafone gigafast service and today received an email with the heading were bringing you Britain’s fastest ever broadband and last paragraph saying they’re working hard to bring it as soon as possible. I couldn’t tell if this was just a general piece of advertising or if they are bringing it to my area since CityFibre will have infrastructure in horsham, anyone else received an email like this?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Jan-19 04:55:25
Print Post

Re: Vodafone gigafast email advert

[re: bluemoon87] [link to this post]

Not aware of Horsham and West Sussex area being in the specific Gigafast announcements, so suspect its a generic one

Having the CityFibre metro network is one step, but look at when the first news about Milton Keynes and Aberdeen appeared and how far down the coverage route they are, i.e. as residential you are some years away

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User bluemoon87
(regular) Wed 09-Jan-19 07:20:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks, yes thats what I was thinking but checked in to see if I had missed something. i had also came across this https://www.cityfibre.com/news/three-new-towns-citie... but assume the list of places on the map is just to highlight where cityfibre are planning to have infrastructure. More interested from a perspective of alternative suppliers and more competition than for higher speeds given the amount of fttp and gfast in this area.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Jan-19 12:06:04
Print Post

The clue is whether you start seeing lots of roadworks, at that point it is a couple of months away...until then it could be months or could be years

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User kams19
(newbie) Wed 09-Jan-19 13:31:19
Print Post

Yes even I got the email, think its generic, I am living around Bromley area
Standard User Woolwich
(committed) Wed 09-Jan-19 17:23:34
Print Post

Yes, had this email in Glasgow.
Standard User Woolwich
(committed) Wed 09-Jan-19 17:27:23
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

There's been lots of road - well pavement - works near me. They're running fibre to Glasgow City Council buildings as far as I know. I'll give it a while before expecting them down our street!
Standard User HungryHorace
(newbie) Wed 09-Jan-19 21:57:49
Print Post

Registered my interest in Scone (Perth) many months ago and was surprised to receive this email! Must be fairly generic in which case not really the use I submitted my email address for.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 21-Jan-19 14:40:12
Print Post

[re: HungryHorace] [link to this post]

check this link, you can select your area and it gives a vague status of the network in that town/city. Including if services are live.

https://www.cityfibre.com/network/

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
  Print Thread

Jump to