User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kbturner
(regular) Wed 02-Jun-10 11:59:36
Print Post

Broadband Usage History

[link to this post]

I notice two things about my Broadband Usage History as reported by the MAAF website:

1. The first day of the month is counted twice - once as the last entry of the previous month, and again as the first entry of the current month. In my case this duplication has not pushed me over my limit, but it could very easily do so.

2. My entry for today (June 2nd at about 11:30am - and my PC has not been on at all today) shows 430.27KB (download) 250.46KB (upload) and 680.72KB (total), and browsing through the figures for May there is never less than about 1.3MB per day, even though there were plenty of days on which I did not power up my PC.

Although my router (which, by the way is not wireless) is permanently switched on, my computer is not. So what is the nature of these continual dialogues between MAAF and my router, amounting to maybe 40MB per month?
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Wed 02-Jun-10 13:03:50
Print Post

Re: Broadband Usage History

[re: kbturner] [link to this post]

Re point 1 just checked mine and it is the same time to raise yet another ticket.

ticket raised 33618192

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now part of plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT)

Edited by adamtemp (Wed 02-Jun-10 13:07:07)

Standard User mustang
(regular) Wed 02-Jun-10 13:11:23
Print Post

Its pushed me over charging twice and has cost me £6.00

Martin
In reply to a post by kbturner:
I notice two things about my Broadband Usage History as reported by the MAAF website:

1. The first day of the month is counted twice - once as the last entry of the previous month, and again as the first entry of the current month. In my case this duplication has not pushed me over my limit, but it could very easily do so.

2. My entry for today (June 2nd at about 11:30am - and my PC has not been on at all today) shows 430.27KB (download) 250.46KB (upload) and 680.72KB (total), and browsing through the figures for May there is never less than about 1.3MB per day, even though there were plenty of days on which I did not power up my PC.

Although my router (which, by the way is not wireless) is permanently switched on, my computer is not. So what is the nature of these continual dialogues between MAAF and my router, amounting to maybe 40MB per month?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tarkadahl
(newbie) Wed 02-Jun-10 13:28:31
Print Post

Router heartbeating with the ISP?

If you want to really test it, turn it off for a day and see what happens.
ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Wed 02-Jun-10 16:01:02
Print Post

1. The first day of the month is counted twice - once as the last entry of the previous month, and again as the first entry of the current month. In my case this duplication has not pushed me over my limit, but it could very easily do so

I'll take a look into this and get it raised internally if necessary (ref: 62170).

2. ...So what is the nature of these continual dialogues between MAAF and my router, amounting to maybe 40MB per month?

It will be background traffic.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Jun-10 18:27:46
Print Post

[re: bpullen] [link to this post]

I've contacted support about the month + 1st of the month usage issue > ticket ID 33620365

It will be interesting to compare the two support outcomes tongue

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User kbturner
(regular) Thu 03-Jun-10 09:24:20
Print Post

1. The first day of the month is counted twice - once as the last entry of the previous month, and again as the first entry of the current month. In my case this duplication has not pushed me over my limit, but it could very easily do so

I'll take a look into this and get it raised internally if necessary (ref: 62170).

Thanks

2. ...So what is the nature of these continual dialogues between MAAF and my router, amounting to maybe 40MB per month?

It will be background traffic.

I'm not convinced - what is this background traffic, and why am I paying for it?
Standard User colbrad
(member) Thu 03-Jun-10 12:51:04
Print Post

Bob, please see ticket no. 33612680 as I have also experienced this problem for the month of May usage, thanks

FREENETNAME ~ MADASAFISH

FIREFOX 3.6.3
OSX 10.4.11
Standard User dor
(newbie) Thu 03-Jun-10 22:25:13
Print Post

[re: adamtemp] [link to this post]

Bob

I noticed this for the last few months. Did tip me over the allowance last month.

Declan
ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Fri 04-Jun-10 13:38:06
Print Post

[re: dor] [link to this post]

If it's tipped anybody over the allowance and resulted in unnecessary charges then raise a ticket, post the ID here, and one of us will process a refund.

The problem is of pretty high priority so it should be fixed sooner rather than later.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to