User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Wed 02-Feb-11 09:20:41
Print Post

Re: Phoneline disrupting BB + edit

[re: chrislamb33] [link to this post]

It looks like you're disconnecting the router overnight, is it also the case that you're just powering it down? While it's in the training period (an SNR reset starts the training period off again) you're better leaving it on all the time, possibly resyncing around lunchtime once a day to achieve the best possible line speed.

Powering the router down without disconnecting the ADSL via the router's interface is usually picked up by the exchange as a dropped connection and if a burst of noise is picked up at the same time, as can happen, you'll end up on a slower profile than you were previously.

I'd definitely recommend leaving the router on all the time, and if you can try and get it to resync (disconnect via the router's interface, power down, then power back up again and allow to connect as normal) around midday today if possible. That should give you the best possible sync speed.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User chrislamb33
(regular) Wed 02-Feb-11 10:55:40
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

It's always on, it's not the sync speed that's the problem, it the download speed I'm actually getting that's the problem. It hasn't been over 129kbps in the last week or so.

Edited by chrislamb33 (Wed 02-Feb-11 10:58:25)

(isp) Wed 02-Feb-11 11:02:53
Print Post

Hmm, that's odd... in which case it's definitely dropping. I've a feeling interleaving may have been turned off which I'm not sure is a good thing in this case given the length of the line and the speed you're getting. I'll keep an eye on it for you and if it's alright get interleaving put back on to stabilise it, that way the line should train to a decent speed.

Let me know if you're happy to have interleaving on and I'll arrage it for you.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(regular) Wed 02-Feb-11 11:08:40
Print Post

All I want is the speed to be around what the syncing speed is, so could you turn interleaving on.

Thanks
(isp) Wed 02-Feb-11 11:22:25
Print Post

The order for interleaving is now placed and should complete tomorrow. We'll see how that affects things.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
(regular) Thu 03-Feb-11 08:19:53
Print Post

interleaving is done & speed back to 2000kbps laugh

Thnks for your help smile
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Feb-11 13:46:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by orbrey:
Hmm, that's odd... in which case it's definitely dropping. I've a feeling interleaving may have been turned off which I'm not sure is a good thing in this case given the length of the line and the speed you're getting. I'll keep an eye on it for you and if it's alright get interleaving put back on to stabilise it, that way the line should train to a decent speed.

Let me know if you're happy to have interleaving on and I'll arrage it for you.

It used to be that interleaving ON was a default setting with Madasafish connections and was only switched off at the request of the customer i.e. the end user, (more often than not they would be gamers looking for a drop in latency)

Alastair

omadasafisho
(regular) Thu 03-Feb-11 19:25:03
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

it was probably turned of before as I was much closer to the exchange than now, because of exactly what you said, low latency
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to