User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rooster63
(member) Wed 12-Jan-11 14:34:58
Print Post

Disconnections

[link to this post]

My connection seems to work fine for a few weeks with very few if any disconnections but over the last 2 weeks have had numerous disconnections which then has the knock effect of lowering my profile. (sometimes it automatically re-connect, sometimes I have to reboot the router) This keeps on happening ie weeks or even months of good solid connections followed by episodes of poor. I have done all the usual checks (microfilters etc) but basically nothing has been changed with any of my equipment and the router is less than 6 months old. If I eliminate my side of things how likely is it it could be a BT line or exchange issue? How much of a role does the ISP play? I am getting rather fed up with this (although have had good tech support who usually sort it out until the next time) but am wondering if I would get a steadier connection with another ISP
Standard User rooster63
(member) Thu 13-Jan-11 20:07:09
Print Post

Re: Disconnections

[re: rooster63] [link to this post]

Tech support have got BT to turn on interleaving so we shall see if that makes the connection more stable.. I'm not an online gamer so am not worried about ping times.
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Mon 17-Jan-11 15:47:10
Print Post

Re: Disconnections

[re: rooster63] [link to this post]

Hi rooster63,

Interleaving should definitely help, but to answer your other question - if you eliminate everything at your premises that could be causing the issue then it must be caused by something outside the premises which would need to be reported and fixed by BT. Unfortunately though if it happens that infrequently it may be that there's very little can be done, but if interleaving doesn't help then we'll definitely investigate for you.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to