User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User buggy
(newbie) Sat 26-Feb-11 15:00:23
Print Post

Leaving MAAF - email/domain query

[link to this post]

Hi,

I am due to leave MAAF next week to another provider however, i would like to keep my current domain that was originally acquired through MAAFs free service way back. The TAG is currently still with MAAF but it seems they want £25 to transfer it to another agent which is vey expensive for effectively doing nothing. (I will make DNS changes once i can access it through a 1and1 CP)

When you leave MAAF will email continue to work (routing through MAAF as currently) or do they cancel webmail/POP3 services? (meaning i will have to bite bullet and accept this excessive charge)

Thanks

Nat
Standard User buggy
(newbie) Sat 26-Feb-11 23:44:44
Print Post

Re: Leaving MAAF - email/domain query

[re: buggy] [link to this post]

Hi,

Update to so far following others posts for similar questions (apart from how soon MAAF cancel email (if at all).

Requested Nominet for my login details to the registrants self service portal as i wish to move my TAG to (probably) 1and1 (schlund) and approached them as ISP charges an appalling and unetical £25 release fee (compared to Nominets £10)

Requested from MAAF my Nominet details that they will have used to register my domain back in 2006. I have my original emails from them regarding the domain but no mention of Nominet self service or email address used for contact. This missing email appears to be a common issue with MAAF having neglected to include this when registering the domain, all the ones i have read about were also in 2006.

If you know answer regarding when my email may cease or not it would be appriciated too.

Thanks

Natalie
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 27-Feb-11 00:11:44
Print Post

I can't remember if the Nominet "online service" went back that far but what you are now trying to may have still been a manual process.

Asking your registrar to update the email contact to your address should be the first step as they're required to do this to keep the registrant details up to date.

Once done, request a password reminder via the NOS and then follow the instructions.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User buggy
(newbie) Sun 27-Feb-11 00:20:15
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Hi Matt,

I shall rephrase my ticket with MAAF to make my request clearer, seems they confuse issues at best of times judging by others.

Thanks

Nat
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Feb-11 14:19:01
Print Post

Regarding e-mail provided by maaf when migrating out.

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User buggy
(newbie) Mon 28-Feb-11 10:49:29
Print Post

Hi,

Is a MAAF person on here able to assist with 40255355 sooner? I was advised it would be about 27 hours for a response but been way in excess of that. Nominet have already responded to me at 9.22 this morning and they dont work weekends.

Thanks

Natalie
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Mon 28-Feb-11 13:04:40
Print Post

Hi buggy,

Sorry about that - I've passed the ticket on to the correct team now and will give them a nudge, hopefully you should get what you need before the end of the day.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User buggy
(newbie) Mon 28-Feb-11 16:10:47
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Hi Matt,

Thanks for making someting happen, are you able to flag my response to your guys please as the access on nominet is still not working based on the email address MAAF confirmed they used when registering my domain. Incidentally, i had tried this same address over the weekend (as a logical guess) and didnt work then so something is wrong either on MAAFs side or Nominets.

Thanks

Natalie
Standard User buggy
(newbie) Mon 28-Feb-11 16:14:16
Print Post

Hi,

OK, Nominet have replied whilst i was typing earlier response, problem is still with MAAF not updating the record correctly (as below).

Natalie.

"Hello Natalie,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We do not hold an admin email address at all for this domain name.

If you have any questions please contact me on 01865 332244, or by email at ruth.whiting@nominet.org.uk.

Kind Regards
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Mon 28-Feb-11 16:24:04
Print Post

No worries, I've passed it back to them - they'll get the correct address set for you.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to