User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User roosville
(newbie) Mon 28-Feb-11 10:53:57
Print Post

Where after 50Gb?

[link to this post]

I joined MAAF in 2006 on a 5Gb package, and complained at the time that 20Gb was too expensive and 5Gb too little. Eventually needs must, and I bit the bullet and jumped to 20Gb. Now with the kids growing, iPlayer on the PS3, 1 PC, two laptops and 3 ipod touch, 20Gb went and 50Gb arrived. I am looking at my Feb 2011 usage and I will hit about 45Gb, kids off school for a week + N-router you see. I am now at a brick wall with MAAF, as you donít offer more data. I am now at a point (as I am out-of-contract) of either attempting to modify data usage at home (which didnít work at 5Gb or 20Gb)or just having to request a MAC and face the unsavoury idea of going with someone else. I _really_ would like to stay with MAAF, I have always got good support and that counts for a lot. Can someone from MAFF comment on what options are for ďHeavy 50GbĒ users. Letís face it 50Gb isnít heavy anymore, you list 50Gb as giving me everything + 100hours of BBC content, but BBC for 100 hours will far exceed 50Gb on its own. Unless you have plans to increase data in the immediate future then Iíll have to consider it choice done. In anticipation.
Standard User kasg
(committed) Mon 28-Feb-11 12:54:15
Print Post

Re: Where after 50Gb?

[re: roosville] [link to this post]

There's Plusnet Extra which gives you 60GB but that's probably not the step change you wanted. The positive side is that migration would be painless, you wouldn't even need a MAC and it would probably be significantly cheaper. Personally I haven't yet hit 20GB but I'm sure it will come!

Kevin

Plusnet Extra
Using OpenDNS
Standard User commsguru
(newbie) Mon 28-Feb-11 13:47:37
Print Post

I am currently on virgin media 50mb service, this is the fastest service I can get and very happy with it, It is use in the 100's of gb per month.
Previously I used BE Unlimited, I found this the best isp over a BT Line again 100's of gb data per month.
regard
jon

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Feb-11 14:10:14
Print Post

See what is available from the exchange your line is connected to.

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User roosville
(newbie) Mon 28-Feb-11 14:41:18
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

I think I'll clarify this quickly. I am not after a recommended ISP. It is more about what does MAFF have to offer as users will inevitably hit 50Gb download. They don't have a product. The 50Gb package is long-in-the-tooth. As BBC went from iplayer SD to iPlayer HD, photos went from 1.8Mb to 4.8Mb, Youtube went "HD", downloaded songs from 128kbs to >300kbs encoding and MAAF stood still. My use in 5 years has increased 5 fold. I donít think this is out of trend. For me itís a question of can I stay at MAAF for another 6 months. Paying per Gb past 50Gb / month wonít be an option. Trialling 20Mbs ADSL2 is a joke is you have a cap of 50Gb. I would like to know what options are for >50Gb / Month, so Plusnet has a 60Gb package, thanks for that, it's a useful start, but as stated, it isn't a step change.
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Mon 28-Feb-11 14:55:39
Print Post

As MAAF are owned by plusnet do not expect to see any new products for us old loyal customers they would rather you meove to one of there new tariffs.

Remembering plusnet is 60gb peak unlimited off peak

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now part of plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT)
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Feb-11 17:34:00
Print Post

I think it's pretty obvious what to do if you want a BB package larger than the 50/60GB that maaf/PN can provide in the next few weeks.

Once PN have finished sorting out their 21CN network management protocols then maybe you will see 21CN BB packages with higher usage caps appearing.

As for Madasafish branded new products I think the jury is still out on that one smile

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User roosville
(newbie) Wed 02-Mar-11 12:27:26
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Was hoping for an official line on this one from one of the MAAF staff.....
Standard User wanapoo
(member) Wed 02-Mar-11 12:58:00
Print Post

When your contract is up, phone them and ask for your mac code and tell them its because of the 50gb limit.
They maybe able to offer you something not advertised but if not, you'l have your mac code to go some where else.

Print Thread

Jump to