User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 11-Mar-11 13:04:04
Print Post

Re: Cisoc VPN CLient over madasafish

[re: rogers33] [link to this post]

I know there's a registry fix you have to make for IPSEC over NAT-T on Windows, but I don't know if that's the problem you're having.

There's some details here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926179 but it's not quite the same fix for Win 7.

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User rogers33
(newbie) Fri 11-Mar-11 13:46:03
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks BatBoy,
I'll have a look at the regfix to see if this makes a difference. I've also read the other thread you posted the link to but I don't it is the same issue as I can't get connected in the first place.
Cheers
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 11-Mar-11 13:56:54
Print Post

I found this:
Windows 7 L2TP/IPsec Instructions
To add a necessary registry setting:

1. In the Start menu search box, type "regedit" and press ENTER
* You will be prompted to allow Administrator rights, click Yes.
2. Locate and click the registry subkey named HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PolicyAgent
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and click DWORD Value
4. In the New Value #1 box, type "AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule" (this is case-sensitive and contains no spaces), and press ENTER.
5. Right-click AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule, and select Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type "2" and click OK
7. Reboot the computer

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rogers33
(newbie) Tue 15-Mar-11 16:54:11
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

BatBoy,
I've tried that and I still get the same result, error 412.

I've a ticket with MAAF but they seem to be passing the buck.

I'll try and find a diff router to test with incase that is the issue, and I'll find out the broadband I use in the office which works.

Thanks for your help.
Standard User buggy
(learned) Wed 16-Mar-11 13:13:07
Print Post

Hi Roger,

Sorry, i had not realised you had replied as i received no notification.

If this has worked previously with your equipment then i would use a new PCF file in your client. This would either mean removing the current one and just importing it from the original source you were provided with or having to contact the VPN Concentrator admins and had a new PCF mailed to you.

Have you turned on Logging in the client too? That can usually suggest credentials too.

I support this setup daily and Error 412 is almost always a corrupt PCF or invalid credentials being parsed between the Concentrator and the client, its never been an ISP problem but one at either end of the connection (be it connectivity due to firewalls or account variances (invalid or corrupt).

I'll keep an eye out for this now!

Nat
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to