User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User edbanger
(learned) Sun 24-Apr-11 18:10:29
Print Post

Increase in B/B price.

[link to this post]

My B/B as been on a reduced tariff for more than 12 months.

Today I received an email with invoice attached, and I have lost my discount.

Is this normal for Madasafish, or do they usually inform you if they are removing your discount..

When I renewed my contract last year I was told that I was on a monthly contract, and I could cancel my account any time.

As it's a Bank Holiday weekend, there is no one in customer services, so I will have to wait till Tuesday before I can get an answer from them. As my next bill is due to be paid I just need some advice before I phone them on Tuesday.

Ed.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 24-Apr-11 19:18:15
Print Post

Re: Increase in B/B price.

[re: edbanger] [link to this post]

You'll need to get in touch with them.

The discount is usually removed after 12 months (unless things have changed) so get in touch with the Customer Options Team for a further discount if you really want to stay with maaf.

--------------- link

If you don't get through to the COT on the direct Sheffield number shown in the above link/thread then try > Customer Options Team on 0845 140 6002

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User edbanger
(learned) Sun 24-Apr-11 19:50:51
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info. I will have a look about the net to see what else is available before I call them on Tuesday.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(committed) Sun 24-Apr-11 23:12:59
Print Post

[re: edbanger] [link to this post]

Yes, this is perfectly normal, You do not get any warning that the discount has been removed so you have to make a diary note yourself. If you phone you will get the discount extended, possibly at a slightly higher rate.

Kevin

Plusnet Extra
Using OpenDNS
Standard User roosville
(learned) Mon 09-May-11 11:22:20
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

I too got a hike in price this weekend, from £19 to £29.99...I wish I had been given more notice. I'll be very disapointed If I don't get a discount equal or greater than before. I looked at O2 as the wife has had an O2 mobile for ages and this would qualify for 6 months free on a 12 month contract. I'll still be able to VPN, I'll also get a 250Gb cap and not a 50Gb cap This is £21 a month for an O2 mobile customer. I would loose webspace though.

However with MAAF I still have to re-boot to pipe hop as ping goes from 18ms to 250ms, that and the 6800kb/s dropping to 2000kb/s or less regulary during the evening, on a non-trafic shaped system......

Data is cheap, I have a mate registered as a Virgin subcontract worker and he gets the 10Mb/s package for £3.50 a month...
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-May-11 13:49:59
Print Post

[re: roosville] [link to this post]

Using the SamKnows search tool you'll see what's available in your exchange, e.g. LLU providers.

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User pontyslapper
(learned) Tue 10-May-11 16:54:55
Print Post

Had a shock increase - well, I'd forgotten to make a note to myself to ring up!

Our BB went from £7 a month to £18 - just rung in the last 20 minutes and the lovely young lady dropped it back down to £7 on a rolling month to month contract for 12 months.

OK so MAAF isn't without its problems, but are they (competitors) all problem free - especially in a 'fringe' area like where we live, right on the end of a long line!

I'll be MAAF 'til the bitter end unless something amazing toddles along - the customer service alone is worth the hassles when our connection throws a wobbly!

Top service from a top group of people - as long as the MAAF spirit isn't killed off - it'll remain my chosen supplier and that of my friends and family.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-May-11 18:00:36
Print Post

[re: pontyslapper] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pontyslapper:
Had a shock increase - well, I'd forgotten to make a note to myself to ring up!

Our BB went from £7 a month to £18 - just rung in the last 20 minutes and the lovely young lady dropped it back down to £7 on a rolling month to month contract for 12 months.

OK so MAAF isn't without its problems, but are they (competitors) all problem free - especially in a 'fringe' area like where we live, right on the end of a long line!

I'll be MAAF 'til the bitter end unless something amazing toddles along - the customer service alone is worth the hassles when our connection throws a wobbly!

Top service from a top group of people - as long as the MAAF spirit isn't killed off - it'll remain my chosen supplier and that of my friends and family.

Is that £7/month for the 5GB broadband package?

I'm also happy with the BB service I get from Madasafish and don't have any LLU providers in the small exchange my line is connected to, to make me think about migrating away from maaf smile

The downstream attenuation for my line is 61.5dB, so it can be considered fairly long.

Mode:			G.DMT
Channel:		Interleave
Trellis:		ON
Line Status:		No Defect
Training Status:	Showtime
		Down		Up
SNR (dB):	9.6		17.0
Attn(dB):	61.5		30.0
Pwr(dBm):	19.4		12.0
Max(Kbps):	4416		880
Rate (Kbps):	4032		448

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User edbanger
(learned) Thu 12-May-11 09:30:50
Print Post

Having forgot to post again on this, I thought I would post an update on my problem.

I contacted the customer options team and was refunded the extra I had been charged.

I did not get a higher discount, but I am quite happy with the one I am receiving now.

Ed
Standard User pontyslapper
(learned) Sun 15-May-11 19:58:01
Print Post

£7 for Max Plus - so 20GB.

Plenty enough for us on a regular basis - some months I do go over that, but it only tends to be when I'm not working for a prolonged period!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to