User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User FlippyFF
(regular) Thu 02-Jun-11 23:13:37
Print Post

Migrating to Plus net fibre.....

[link to this post]

Last Friday I finally bit the bullet and decided to move over to Plus net Fibre.

I phone the helpdesk at 08:30 and they told me to place the order on the Plusnet website and then raise a ticket explaining that I had done so.

At 17:30 last Friday I placed the order. Since then the Plusnet order tracker has been stuck at 'Checking your details'.

At 19:27 on Friday the ticket was updated saying "Thank you for requesting the move to Plusnet, we will now pass this over to our support team who will action this for you."

A raised a Maaf ticket at 19:36 on Friday explaining that I wanted to swap over to Plus net.

I update the Plusnet ticket at 19:44 explaining I was currently a MaaF customer and giving the ticket number I had raised on the MaaF side.

At 07:20 on Saturday the MaaF ticket was updated saying it was being passed to the correct team to action.

There was then no further update until 17:54 yesterday when "I have escalated this to the correct pool. Once the fibre has been installed we will then be able to transfer your services across from Madasafish." appeared.

I again updated the Plusnet ticket yesterday asking for clarification of what was happening.

So, can anyone from Plus net tell me what is going on? Should I book they day off work for the Openreach engineer? If so, when? Should I go out and buy something better than the WNR1500 (I want GB ethernet) or should I hold on in case there is a problem?

Simon
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Fri 03-Jun-11 09:36:56
Print Post

Re: Migrating to Plus net fibre.....

[re: FlippyFF] [link to this post]

Hi there,

Would you be willing to PM me a username or ticket ID so I can have a look at this for you? I'll see if I can get an update on where we are both with the provide and the move from MAAF to PN.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User FlippyFF
(regular) Mon 13-Jun-11 21:28:15
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

The BT Openreach engineer duly turned up this morning and ignoring the request to call my mobile, called the landline instead but apart from that minor niggle, the fibre is looking good so far. The engineer reported the line syncing at 39Mb/s.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1339010352.png

BUT and it needs to be a but, is there anychance that Plus net could activate my new email account? Note added to my ticket regarding this this morning but no reply as yet. frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Tue 14-Jun-11 09:50:05
Print Post

Hi there,

It looks like an email address wasn't selected when the account was set up, so at the moment there's nothing to activate. If you log in and go to https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=add_mailbox the address you add should be active within a couple of hours.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User FlippyFF
(regular) Tue 14-Jun-11 21:30:41
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

PM sent.
Standard User FlippyFF
(regular) Thu 23-Jun-11 23:17:06
Print Post

I just thought I'd follow up by saying that I've been on plusnet fibre for almost two weeks now and I'm not regretting it in the slightest. The minor hiccup with my new email account was resolved promptly and everything is just coming down the pipe just fine.....

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1355128587.png

(And the new Netgear WNDR4000 is behaving itself too)

Simon
A happy plusnet customer.
Standard User kasg
(committed) Fri 24-Jun-11 09:47:11
Print Post

0ms ping? That's clever!

Kevin

plusnet Value Fibre
Using OpenDNS
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Jun-11 09:58:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by FlippyFF:
The BT Openreach engineer duly turned up this morning and ignoring the request to call my mobile, called the landline instead

The BT engineers did the same on my install too, bit pointless them asking for a preferred call number and then not using it.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile
  Print Thread

Jump to