User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gb7
(learned) Mon 27-Jun-11 19:48:52
Print Post

Anyone else having email problems?

[link to this post]

I haven't received any email to my Madasafish account since late afternoon yesterday - tried via Outlook (IMAP), iPhone and the Madasafish webmail portal. Test messages sent via my work email account don't show up either.

Service Status for mail is showing green, but is anyone having problems?

Have raised a ticket...
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Tue 28-Jun-11 07:54:59
Print Post

Re: Anyone else having email problems?

[re: gb7] [link to this post]

seams ok here on all platforms outlook iphone webmail

usual messages i get every night came through ok and spam building up in webmail folder

just sent a test message from work account to old globalnet account came straight through

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now part of plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT)

Edited by adamtemp (Tue 28-Jun-11 07:57:24)

ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Tue 28-Jun-11 14:16:50
Print Post

@gb7, did you manage to get to the bottom of this one or are you still having problems? If you are s till having difficulties then are you able to supply me with the reference number of the ticket you raised?

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gb7
(learned) Tue 28-Jun-11 14:36:17
Print Post

[re: bpullen] [link to this post]

Bob

That's strange - I replied to Adamtemp earlier, but no sign of it?

Yes, seems to be fixed. The reply I got said they had made some changes at your end which normally fixes things, but it still didn't work.

I then realised my webmail inbox was at 101MB, so was full. I've deleted a load of messages in the 'Deleted Messages' file and freed up some space and the mail seems to be flowing again. I think these had grown as if I read and delete them on my iPhone, they drop into the Deleted Messages folder,rather than actually being deleted - must have been growing in size for a while...

Do Madasafish stop deliveries once the mailbox is full? Would be useful if an email was sent to warn that the limit was being approached, and what would happen if no action is taken.

Thanks for the follow up - appreciated!

Guy
ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Tue 28-Jun-11 14:47:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by gb7:
I then realised my webmail inbox was at 101MB, so was full. I've deleted a load of messages in the 'Deleted Messages' file and freed up some space and the mail seems to be flowing again. I think these had grown as if I read and delete them on my iPhone, they drop into the Deleted Messages folder,rather than actually being deleted - must have been growing in size for a while...

Bit of googling suggests you're not alone with that particular problem.

In reply to a post by gb7:
Do Madasafish stop deliveries once the mailbox is full?

Yes, I believe mails get refused with a 5.x.x SMTP error (so typically should be returned to the sender). Whilst I agree a warning would be nice, I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement something like this given our current mail set up.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to