User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mustang
(member) Thu 06-Oct-11 13:43:14
Print Post

No Broadband for nearly a month but still getting charged

[link to this post]

Hi all
I have had no broadband since 11th of Sept.
I Explained via a ticket that theres an underground fault.
I was told by Madasafish thats theres nothing they can do.
But I am still to be charged £25.99 per month.
What a rip off.

Asked for a MAC code via ticket as thats the only way I can stop the charging, told cannot be done I have to ring or write a letter.
How unbelievable is that?

Martin
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 06-Oct-11 14:16:33
Print Post

Re: No Broadband for nearly a month but still get... + edit

[re: mustang] [link to this post]

That's not so good, however I wouldn't be paying £25.99 for broadband only from Madasafish ....... even it was for the 50GB package tongue smile

Hopefully once the fault is sorted maaf/PN might see fit to come to an arrangement with you for the times you didn't use their network due to that underground fault, that's possibly a long shot but who knows?

EDIT > just noticed this reply.

Alastair

omadasafisho

Edited by Apprentice (Thu 06-Oct-11 14:59:37)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 06-Oct-11 15:00:55
Print Post

Re: No Broadband for nearly a month but still getting charg

Nothing they can do, as in refusal to raise a fault, or is the phone line dead as well, and the likelihood the broadband will work once that is fixed?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Thu 06-Oct-11 15:04:29
Print Post

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the fault, do you get your phone from us as well? If so we'll get it raised for you (assuming we haven't already) but if you could advise of a ticket ID or PM me your username I'll take a look at things and see what we can do.

EDIT: Apologies, found the username. I can see you don't pay your line rental to us, if there is an underground wiring issue it's usually fixed faster as part of a phone fault - is your phone faulty at all, and if so are you able to advise your phone provider?

If not please advise and we'll get a broadband fault raised for you.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support

Edited by orbrey (Thu 06-Oct-11 15:32:22)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User ukhardy07
(committed) Thu 06-Oct-11 15:05:20
Print Post

It's unfair, I think that they haven't offered a credit or anything onto the account. Obviously if the service is working you should pay, when it's down - they are failing to provide a service as agreed & hence you should be compensated
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 06-Oct-11 15:36:00
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Most providers will usually look at the compensation side of things once the fault has been fixed, i.e. they know how long it has been.

Same with voice and BT line rental and the compensation for it not working, not until its all fixed will they look at the amounts.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mustang
(member) Fri 07-Oct-11 14:12:50
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Hi
Its very unfair indeed.
What has happened is a farmer has ploughed too deep and cut all the cables. BT couldnt get access to the damage without farmers permission. Thats taken time.
So no phone and no broadband,
What bugs me is I am paying £25.99 per month for the 20gb service and cant even download 1KB but still have to pay what feels like almost the most expensive broadband in the country.
Now they wont even cancel it unless I ring or write to them. Apparantly its so the they can go through the options and see if theres a better deal for me.

The only deal I want is my MAC code sent to me.

I bet it doesnt cost maaf £25.99 per month so how can they argue that they have to pay, so I have to also.

Martin

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
It's unfair, I think that they haven't offered a credit or anything onto the account. Obviously if the service is working you should pay, when it's down - they are failing to provide a service as agreed & hence you should be compensated
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Fri 07-Oct-11 14:48:45
Print Post

Martin When Service is restored .

1 Ring and ask for compensation (or sue the farmer)
2 If you stay with maaf Ring and ask for a retention deal I pay less for 50Gb limit

As It is out of maafs hands find out if farmer has now given permission to bt to do the work if not perhaps ask him when etc.

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now part of plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT)

Edited by adamtemp (Fri 07-Oct-11 14:49:18)

Standard User mustang
(member) Sun 09-Oct-11 11:24:47
Print Post

[re: adamtemp] [link to this post]

Hi Adam

They have started work, they have dug a hole and thats how its been left for a few days now.

I dont want a retention deal anymore I just want to leave. Im fed up with this ticket system. I ask a question then i get a reply that ignores my question.

I wasnt even looking for compensation All i wanted was the charges to be paused while they are not supplying what I was paying for.

I feel sure the wholesale price for the line isnt quite £25.99 Why does a company feel the need to make a profit from someone in my situation?

Thats too greedy for me and along with the ticket system its time to leave.

Martin

In reply to a post by adamtemp:
Martin When Service is restored .

1 Ring and ask for compensation (or sue the farmer)
2 If you stay with maaf Ring and ask for a retention deal I pay less for 50Gb limit

As It is out of maafs hands find out if farmer has now given permission to bt to do the work if not perhaps ask him when etc.
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Sun 09-Oct-11 11:36:52
Print Post

I presume you have the payment setup by direct debit / standing order? If it's against a credit/debit card, that's not so ideal.

DD/SO are probably one of -the- best methods of paying for something (I pay my ISP via DD). My reasoning is simple. If I was in your position, and honestly not getting anywhere, I would cancel my DD/SO so they can't take any further money from me (most online banking allows this to be done with a couple of clicks nowadays). It's so simple but really effective. If anything, they'll be the ones calling you to sort the problem out, rather than the other way around. This is because they still have a broadband activated line with BT (yours), and it's on BT's systems, so they will be getting billed by BT for it. So if they aren't collecting payments to cover this (from you), that's a big problem for them, isn't it?

It boils down to a saying I once heard:

If you think nobody cares, stop paying your bills.
-- Gary Pfalzbot

Now on <aaisp.net>
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to