User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wishy71
(newbie) Tue 18-Oct-11 17:40:44
Print Post

renewing "contracts"/ agreements

[link to this post]

It used to be you could come on here to renew your contract (via PM obviously) - is this still avalable or do we need to call the customer service centre during impractical office hours?

cheers

david
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 18-Oct-11 18:34:10
Print Post

Re: renewing "contracts"/ agreements

[re: wishy71] [link to this post]

I think that you will be advised to contact CS for the best deals smile

On here it says they are open 8am to 8pm 7 days a week!

If you want a geographic number try 0114 296 5161 wink

Dennis

plusnet value & talkanytime
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 18-Oct-11 22:39:39
Print Post

Best to phone the Customer Options Team on 0845 140 6002 to see what sort of renewal deal/retention offer you can get if you want to stay with Madasafish, don't jump at the first price offered say you are looking at other ISPs and see if their offer gets cheaper ..... it may or may not.

Alastair

omadasafisho

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 19-Oct-11 08:37:34
Print Post

Meant to say in my earlier post that I was with Greenbee (another PN acquired ISP) and got a much better deal by switching to Plusnet, kept my original email address as well!

Dennis

plusnet value & talkanytime
Standard User colbrad
(member) Tue 03-Apr-12 14:05:02
Print Post

I'm currently on Madasafish Max Premier Broadband & Madasafish Talk Free as I have been for the last 4 years but I think I'm coming up to contract renewal time, last year I was caught out as I didn't realise that it didn't roll on continuously as previous years had (oh how I miss the days of Samara). Is there somewhere within My Account showing the end date of the current contract so I can make the appropriate phone call to retentions team, and is this still the best option for renewals? I currently get a good discount so would like to improve or at worst keep the same price. Is there a free phone number for MAAF Talk customers?

FREENETNAME ~ MADASAFISH

FIREFOX 7.0.1
OSX 10.6.4
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Apr-12 15:18:01
Print Post

[re: colbrad] [link to this post]

Here are a couple of numbers on a ticket reply by the COT :-

Tel: 0845 140 6002, free phone 0800 432 0200

Edit
The only place you might find when your actual renewal date is due is to look back at historical tickets for the 2011-2012 renewal confirmation, just checked and my historical tickets go back to late April 2010.

Alastair

omadasafisho

Edited by Apprentice (Tue 03-Apr-12 15:26:28)

Standard User colbrad
(member) Thu 05-Apr-12 14:31:42
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Thanks for those phone numbers Alistair, made a quick call to them and they suggested I call near to the final discounted May 2012 billing date and request a further discount or even move over to Plusnet, not sure my old head could handle that much change wink

FREENETNAME ~ MADASAFISH

FIREFOX 7.0.1
OSX 10.6.4
Standard User Howitiz
(newbie) Fri 06-Apr-12 10:06:34
Print Post

[re: colbrad] [link to this post]

Having been with Maaf since the early days when it was Care4free I I took the plunge and made the move in January and it was seamless. Plusnet handled everything there and then. I persuaded my 91 year old Dad to do the same and his experience was the same. We retained our Maaf email address at no additional cost.
Standard User dor
(newbie) Sat 07-Apr-12 11:37:03
Print Post

[re: Howitiz] [link to this post]

It also helps if you know offer that others are getting. A few months ago Alastair contacted me regarding price I was getting for Madasafish Max (lower than his) and as a result he was able to get the same deal when he contacted Customer Options Team.
I am looking to upgrade to Max Plus so if anyone wants to PM price they are getting this at that would be a great help.
Standard User colbrad
(member) Sun 08-Apr-12 17:08:49
Print Post

[re: dor] [link to this post]

Great idea to share our discounts amongst the community giving us a bit of leverage when calling up to renew. But I agree we should keep it to private messages and not on the forum.

Anyone willing to share their discount on Madasafish Max Premier Broadband? Please let me know by PM, I will be happy to share my discount info in return. I'm on a fairly good discount (well I think I am but I've no frame of reference really other than the advertised price) and have been with MAAF / Freenetname since around 2001, have been looking at other ISPs again just for comparisons.

I'm also on Madasafish Talk phone line but don't receive a discount, is that usual?

FREENETNAME ~ MADASAFISH

FIREFOX 7.0.1
OSX 10.6.4

Edited by colbrad (Sun 08-Apr-12 17:09:41)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to