User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Northants_Simon
(newbie) Fri 21-Oct-11 12:45:44
Print Post

Madasafish webspace

[link to this post]

I originally signed up to Freenetname some time around 1996 and have stuck with the company through various changes since. Back in 1996 I used the free webspace for my business website, I haven't added anything new for around a year and out of the blue received a ticket from Madasafish warning me I'd gone over the 100mb allocated and saying they could remove my website without further notice. Since I haven't added anything extra for ages it must have been over 100mb for at least a year.

Also they attached a link to a Plusnet page with legal terms and conditions for webspace saying commercial websites are not allowed. I have never seen a link on Madasafish to these terms and certainly back in the days of Freenetname we were encouraged to use the free webspace for a business website.

I'm rather annoyed that Plusnet are now claiming these terms and conditions apply when they have never sent me a copy before or even had a link to them from Madasafish.

What has changed to make them crack down on this?
Standard User Northants_Simon
(newbie) Fri 21-Oct-11 13:01:02
Print Post

Re: Madasafish webspace

[re: Northants_Simon] [link to this post]

Oh, found this on the Madasafish website -

Have you ever wanted to have your very own website?

You will receive a generous 100MB of webspace - giving you the ability to put your mark on the Internet with your very own website. Our customers have used their websites in a variety of ways from travel logs, hobby forums and photo sharing to promoting a small business.

And yet I have been sent this to say I am not allowed to keep my business website on Madasafish -

52 Use of web space

52.1 We prohibit commercial use of Web space provided on home products.

So which is it? I have raised a ticket questioning this and it seems nobody knows!
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Fri 21-Oct-11 13:59:05
Print Post

Re: Madasafish webspace

[re: Northants_Simon] [link to this post]

Hi there,

I suspect this has been sent as a mistake, please ignore it for now and if you could PM me with your username I'll check things out on your account and see what's what.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to