User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mpewsey
(regular) Thu 10-Nov-11 20:20:58
Print Post

A warning about discounts

[link to this post]

Last year when I made my annual "what discount are you going to give me for the next year" phone call to maaf I was pleasantly surprised to be told that it was going to be set as a permanent discount and I wouldn't need to phone the Customer Options team each year any more.

It's now 12 months later and I was checking my invoice for this month when I realised that it was much higher than usual. Sure enough the discount has been removed.

I phoned up Customer Services - they can't do anything as it has to be dealt with by Customer Options who only work normal office hours. I've therefore got to phone them again tomorrow from work (assuming that I've got time inbetween meetings).

So a warning - if you've been told that your discount has been set to permanent then don't rely on that actually being the case.

As far as I'm concerned, despite having been with the same ISP for a silly number of years (since dial up days with Freenetname) I'm now for the first time seriously considering whether or not it's time to move on.
Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Thu 10-Nov-11 20:42:24
Print Post

Re: A warning about discounts

[re: mpewsey] [link to this post]

mpewsey,

I don't know about Madasafish but certainly when retention discounts were offered to me by Plusnet (same people more or less) when my contract ended it was clearly stated that they would be valid for 1 year only - this even without a new contract. A replacement free router would however require me to sign up to a new one year contract but this rule was quickly reversed and further discounts were offered when I asked for a MAC key.
Standard User mpewsey
(regular) Thu 10-Nov-11 20:53:09
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I remember being surprised last year as previously they'd only done it for a year at a time. So surprised in fact that I asked them to confirm that I'd understood correctly.

I wouldn't have minded if it had only been for 12 months as I would have just set myself a reminder to call them again.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Nov-11 22:06:23
Print Post

[re: mpewsey] [link to this post]

So a warning - if you've been told that your discount has been set to permanent then don't rely on that actually being the case.

Thanks for the heads up I'll try to remember that when I get in touch with the COT next February, mind you I won't get a further cash discount unless they are willing to give it away tongue

Alastair

omadasafisho
ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Tue 22-Nov-11 15:43:29
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Our systems are only capable of applying discounts for a maximum of 12 months. To create an ongoing discount would require further intervention at the end of the 12 month term.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Nov-11 17:13:09
Print Post

[re: bpullen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bpullen:
Our systems are only capable of applying discounts for a maximum of 12 months. To create an ongoing discount would require further intervention at the end of the 12 month term.

Rgds,

Thanks Bob it's not long to go till that 12 month period ends.

By the way can you make YouTube run better on my connection as it's not as good as it used to be in the Brightview days, surely nothing to do with PN traffic management? tongue

Alastair

omadasafisho
  Print Thread

Jump to