User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dor
(newbie) Wed 11-Jan-12 15:56:02
Print Post

Broadand Discounts

[link to this post]

Reviewing previous posts from May 11 (most recent I could find) pontyslapper indicated that had Max Plus for £7. Apprentice replied that info he had received from Digital Care Team was Max Plus would be in the region of £13 to £14.00 for the 20GB.

Contract is up for renewal so phoned Customer Oprtions Team to see what would be the price if I moved from Max to Max Plus. Quote was £14.49 per month. So has anyone been able to get a price lower than this?
ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Thu 12-Jan-12 13:10:13
Print Post

Re: Broadand Discounts

[re: dor] [link to this post]

Hi there,

Our Customer Options Team will be able to offer the most competitive prices. Worth mentioning that the price offered may differ depending on your geographical location and competition in your area.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Jan-12 20:16:43
Print Post

[re: dor] [link to this post]

How is your exchange classed is it market 1, 2 or 3 ?

You can find out here and what else is available from your exchange.

What usage (GBs) do you need per month?

Alastair

omadasafisho

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bobcat2012
(newbie) Sat 28-Apr-12 16:12:55
Print Post

[re: bpullen] [link to this post]

I asked Madasafish if I could have a discount as my exchange is in market 2, I'm paying £15.99 a month. I was told the geographical location did not appy to Madasafish customers.
They said I already have a discount and if I wanted cheaper broadband I should move to Plusnet. I am now going to look for another ISP.
Standard User bobcat2012
(newbie) Wed 02-May-12 13:47:45
Print Post

[re: bpullen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bpullen:
Hi there,

Our Customer Options Team will be able to offer the most competitive prices. Worth mentioning that the price offered may differ depending on your geographical location and competition in your area.

Rgds,

I asked Madasafish if I could have a discount as my exchange is in market 2, I'm paying £15.99 a month. I was told the geographical location did not appy to Madasafish customers.
They said I already have a discount and if I wanted cheaper broadband I should move to Plusnet. I am now going to look for another ISP.

Edited by bobcat2012 (Wed 02-May-12 13:51:53)

Standard User kasg
(experienced) Wed 02-May-12 16:59:34
Print Post

[re: bobcat2012] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bobcat2012:

OTOH moving to Plusnet should be pretty painless, no MAC, no interruption to service.

Kevin

plusnet Extra 80/20 trial
Using OpenDNS
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-May-12 18:02:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by bpullen:
Hi there,

Rgds,

What broadband product are you paying £15.99 a month for?

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User bobcat2012
(newbie) Wed 02-May-12 20:23:21
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

I'm on MAX Plus.

A friend is on Plusnet Value and paying £12.99 a month, he lives in the same village as me, market 2 area. it should be £6.49 a month.

Edited by bobcat2012 (Wed 02-May-12 20:24:20)

Standard User kasg
(experienced) Wed 02-May-12 20:49:21
Print Post

I'm on MAX Plus.

A friend is on Plusnet Value and paying £12.99 a month, he lives in the same village as me, market 2 area. it should be £6.49 a month.

Get your friend to give Plusnet a call then.

Kevin

plusnet Extra 80/20 trial
Using OpenDNS
Standard User dor
(newbie) Fri 04-May-12 18:40:55
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

I have just converted from Max to Max Plus (Market 3) and can confirm that £15.99/month is the price. There is discount included in this as the monthly cost is in fact £25.99. Regarding a move to Plusnet or other ISPs be aware that they may have traffic shaping whereas Madasafish doesn't (Bob Pullen has confirmed in a previous post that there is no traffic shaping with Madasafish). As Alistair pointed out to me in the past you have to add Plusnet Pro (£5/month) to the Plusnet package to get the equivalent of Madasafish.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to