User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User quake42
(newbie) Wed 11-Jan-12 20:03:32
Print Post

MAAF email with iPad 2

[link to this post]

Just bought a new iPad, and whilst it will allow me to receive emails to my "Justmail" address I can't send. I have the account set up on my iPhone and it will send fine.

Any thoughts? I have a "totalise" email address.

Thanks
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Thu 12-Jan-12 10:04:39
Print Post

Re: MAAF email with iPad 2

[re: quake42] [link to this post]

What d'you have set for the outgoing server, and perhaps more importantly are you connected via 3G or Wifi? If it's wifi and you're on your own home network you should be fine to have the outgoing server set to smtp.totalise.co.uk.

If you're connected to 3G though or on a non-MAAF connection via wifi you'll need to use the outgoing server for the provider you're connected to. If you regularly travel with the iPad and use it on many connections it might be worth setting up a gmail account and using their outgoing server as that way you won't need to change the settings each time you change networks.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Thu 12-Jan-12 13:12:53
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by orbrey:
What d'you have set for the outgoing server, and perhaps more importantly are you connected via 3G or Wifi? If it's wifi and you're on your own home network you should be fine to have the outgoing server set to smtp.totalise.co.uk.

Just to add clarification, you'll be fine doing this when roaming too. You'll just need to make sure you're authenticating with your email address and password and have all the security/SSL/TLS options switched off.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User quake42
(newbie) Thu 12-Jan-12 22:01:02
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Thanks for the response. I'm connecting via my home Wifi (which is with O2). I've changed the outgoing server to smtp.totalise.co.uk but unfortunately it's still not working. Any further ideas?
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Fri 13-Jan-12 10:39:16
Print Post

If you've set your auth options as per Bob's post (plain text auth with email address/password and SSL/TLS/Security options off) and it's still not working, it might be that O2 restrict SMTP access to their own servers - you'd need to check that with them though. If they do, it might be that you can use the O2 smtp server (with authentication) on whichever connection you happen to be using.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Fri 13-Jan-12 13:15:48
Print Post

on o2 adsl you must use o2's smtp server use your o2 email address and password to authenticate with o2 smtp set up an additional smtp server on the ipad.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4519

That should work

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now part of plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT)

Edited by adamtemp (Fri 13-Jan-12 13:18:11)

Print Thread

Jump to