User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Wed 18-Jan-12 11:42:20
Print Post

Getting fed up with all the outages

[link to this post]

To all at MAAF / Plusnet

I realy would like the current up down situation of the website resolved

I need to check the spam folder on a regular basis and was unable to yesterday and now again I cannot access.

Please come up with a propper fix.

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now part of plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT)
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Wed 18-Jan-12 13:36:51
Print Post

Re: Getting fed up with all the outages

[re: adamtemp] [link to this post]

We *are* working to get a 'proper' fix Adam. Yes there have been issues the last couple of days but these things happen unfortunately.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Wed 18-Jan-12 14:14:27
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

Chris

Thanks just very frustrating you can see how loyal I am

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now part of plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT)

Edited by adamtemp (Wed 18-Jan-12 15:10:39)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Jan-12 10:44:52
Print Post

[re: adamtemp] [link to this post]

A mate of mine been having the same problem with MAAF, about 3.30pm until about 8.30Pm his broadband just goes down, he been having problems for 18 months or so, but nothing like this.

I changed router, connected router direct to test socket and still no go.

Anyway eventually Bt openreach went there yesterday, he could not find a problem at my mates house, and we knew that anyway. So he went to the exchange, changed the card and moved his connection on to a different pair.

Hope that sorted it, but he still had a problem when I left his place at about 4pm yesterday.

As my mate was with Free net names he have got a domain with them and want to move it, but MAAF want to charge £25 to move it, which I think is a disgrace. Anyway they have come to a arrangement of my mate getting one month free, which pays for the domain transfer and now he is getting his broadband for £19 something a month.

I want him to dump MAAF as the amount of problems he been having the speed is awful. He is almost ready I think to jump ship to the service I am using,

Talking about speed, his router said he was connected at over 8 megabits yesterday after open reach mucked about in the exchange, speed tests told a different story, about 2 if he was lucky. I think his router or Bt equipment is getting confused.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Thu 19-Jan-12 16:00:46
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Hi zyborg47,

That sounds very much like your friend had an intermittent connection which was resolved by the card swap, but now the DLM profile is yet to update to the improved sync speed. It should sort itself in a couple of days but if it doesn't, and the connection is stable, we can reset the SNR on the line which will allow it to retrain.

If you ask him to request an SNR reset (provided the connection isn't dropping any more and the sync rate hasn't deteriorated significantly) on the ticket then our support team will arrange that for him.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Jan-12 10:04:29
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Cheers for that, i did phone him yesterday and told him, the router still stuck at over 8 megabits sync.

When the BTOR engineer phoned my mate after sorting out the exchange he said he was going to get in touch with you lot about changing the ports or something like that.

Connection is still not 100% stable, but it is better, so I was informed, at least he was able to use it and not be off line for hours.

If it stays stable then he will be happy, but his actual speed is still low to be honest considering where he is.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
  Print Thread

Jump to