User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dullrider
(newbie) Wed 18-Apr-12 13:34:55
Print Post

sneaky billing?

[link to this post]

MAAF usage page states that usage is calculated from 1st day to the last day of the calendar month.

I have taken this on trust been when managing my end of month limit, only to find that I have occasionally exceeded my limit when the bill comes through.

it transpires - and possibly I should have spotted this a long time ago - usage for billing purpose is calculated from 2nd of one month to the 1st of the next (MAAF have confirmed that this is the case)

anyone else caught by this - it seems a sneaky way to get us to cough up an extra couple of quid each month.
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Wed 18-Apr-12 14:07:45
Print Post

Re: sneaky billing?

[re: dullrider] [link to this post]

Hi dullrider,

Usage for MAAF customers is reset in the early hours of the first of the month, that's when the reset script is run - any chance you could advise of a ticket ID from your account or PM me your username so I can have a look into that please? Not sure why you were told it starts from the 2nd. I assure you we're not trying to con anyone out of anything.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Wed 18-Apr-12 15:25:31
Print Post

[re: dullrider] [link to this post]

It was discussed and explained in this thread

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/freenetname/f/38592...

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now part of plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dullrider
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-12 15:10:04
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

I think original response was a bit muddled - support has since confirmed 1st to 1st based on 4am reset - all clear now
  Print Thread

Jump to