User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Nick2009
(newbie) Mon 14-May-12 23:46:45
Print Post

MAAF blocking file sharing hosts?

[link to this post]

I'm aware that ISPs use a list to block certain domains from their customers but can anyone advise if MAAF have started to block File Factory, TurboIt, FilesTube and a few other well known sites?
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-May-12 01:03:50
Print Post

Re: MAAF blocking file sharing hosts?

[re: Nick2009] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Nick2009:
I'm aware that ISPs use a list to block certain domains from their customers but can anyone advise if MAAF have started to block File Factory, TurboIt, FilesTube and a few other well known sites?
They don't block sites, but i think they or whatever the other outfit is called in the US can/do seize domains, therefore taking them offline
But the 3 cyberlockers/filehosts you have named are all up &running i browsed to all without issues, oh, it's turbobit.net BTW

But i did find This though

ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Tue 15-May-12 10:03:12
Print Post

[re: Nick2009] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Nick2009:

Hi there,

No, we haven't started blocking these sites, are you having problems accessing them?

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Support Team

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet

Edited by bpullen (Tue 15-May-12 10:06:42)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Nick2009
(newbie) Tue 15-May-12 23:27:20
Print Post

[re: bpullen] [link to this post]

Well...that's kinda weird. All the sites are now working ok?! FileFactory hasn't worked for me for a few weeks and FilesTube 'appeared' to be down for about 5 days as well.

All working now though smile
  Print Thread

Jump to