User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Simon_70
(newbie) Sun 28-Oct-12 10:24:47
Print Post

PSTN cesase order when changing broadband

[link to this post]

I am in the process of leaving Madasafish due to the very high cost of going over the included limit (50gb) resulting in monthly bills of around £45. I received a MAC code and passed this on to BE There as part of the order for broadband from them.

I then received a PSTN cease email from Madasafish and on questioning it was told I'd also have to pay £25. I contacted BE There who gave me in writing that they have not placed a PSTN cease order on my line and have also checked with BT and there is not a PSTN cease order on the line.

However Madasafish insist there is and won't back down on the £25 charge.

My telephone line never was with Madasafish, it's with BT and still is with BT. Only the broadband is changing. BE There are LLU if that makes any difference?

I have been with Madasafish for 10 years and am a little annoyed at their insistance on charging me £25 for a cease order that does not exist. Is anyone able to help with this?
Standard User flippery
(member) Sun 28-Oct-12 14:00:36
Print Post

Re: PSTN cesase order when changing broadband

[re: Simon_70] [link to this post]

The £25 cease charge relates to cost from Openreach to Madafish for movement of broadband from BT to LLU or, a change of provider without a MAC code. The line staying with existing provider.
The grey area is whether a transfer can be made from BTW to LLU with a MAC code or, a LLU MAC is required. Have you read Madafish T and C's.
In any event I would have expected BE to pick up this cost.

From Madasafish TandC

10.7 If you terminate this Agreement at any time, and choose not to transfer your Broadband Service using a MAC code, you will be required to pay a cessation (cancellation) fee of £25.00 to remove the Broadband Service from your telephone line. This charge is applied to us by BT.

Edited by flippery (Sun 28-Oct-12 14:07:24)

Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Sun 28-Oct-12 14:25:22
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

That seems pretty clear to me that provided a MAC codes is used you do not pay a cessation fee. Maybe it is an inter ISP charge the cutomer does not pay as clearly their are some migration costs that the ISP's incur

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 28-Oct-12 14:55:56
Print Post

[re: Simon_70] [link to this post]

Similar issue here ..... PSTN cease.

Maybe best to send a PM to Bob Pullen as well, unlikely that PN staff will see your post before they clock in on Monday sometime.

Alastair

omadasafisho
ISP Representative chrispurvey
(isp) Tue 30-Oct-12 09:10:44
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Hi Simon_70,

Can you message me with your username so I can have a look into that for you.

Chris

Chris Purvey
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to