User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Simon_70
(newbie) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:01:23
Print Post

Madasafish, certainly makes me mad - leaving issues

[link to this post]

I asked Madasafish for my MAC code and gave this to BE Unlimited. Madasafish sent a ticket saying I had to give 1 days notice and the service would cease on 1st November and they owed me £17. Then I got a ticket from Madasafish saying I had ceased the PSTN which I hadn't.

Today I received an email from Madasafish saying my broadband would be cancelled on the 15th November and a separate ticket which wasn't forwarded to my email saying a £25 charge had been taken for ceasing my account.

BE have given me in writing that a PSTN cease was not issued by them or BT.

So why have Madasafish insisted on making leaving so difficult? Why do I now have to pay another 2 weeks of internet I'm not using and pay a £25 cease charge?

I spent 30 minutes waiting in a queue to speak to customer services and after explaining the situation was put on hold and then they hung up on me!

Can anyone from Madasafish look at this for me please? Otherwise my next step is to reverse the charges with my bank.
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:08:52
Print Post

Re: Madasafish, certainly makes me mad - leaving issues

[re: Simon_70] [link to this post]

Hi Simon,

Chris offered to look into this for you on the previous thread you've posted, if you PM him your username he'll take a look: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/freenetname/t/41742...

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Simon_70
(newbie) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:17:21
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

Thank you, have done that.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Simon_70
(newbie) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:56:45
Print Post

OK finally got to speak to someone in customer services after another half hour in a queue. I must say sorry to Madasafish as in fact it's BE Unlimited's fault as they didn't use the MAC code I gave them which resulted in a cease for Madasafish so I have to wait 2 weeks for my account to close with Madasafish.
ISP Representative chrispurvey
(isp) Mon 05-Nov-12 17:22:23
Print Post

Hi Simon,

I hope this is now resolved to your satisfaction. If there's anything else please let me know.

Chris

Chris Purvey
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 05-Nov-12 17:45:13
Print Post

[re: chrispurvey] [link to this post]

So, what went wrong? Who issued the cease or claimed a nonexistent cease? Who did not follow MAC process?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 05-Nov-12 18:05:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by Simon_70:
OK finally got to speak to someone in customer services after another half hour in a queue. I must say sorry to Madasafish as in fact it's BE Unlimited's fault as they didn't use the MAC code I gave them which resulted in a cease for Madasafish so I have to wait 2 weeks for my account to close with Madasafish.
That is almost certainly untrue. If it were true, the whole point of MACs is invalidated. They are there to prevent Broadband slamming, but you just described exactly that.

1) Openreach do not carry out SMPF migrations without a valid MAC.

2) If a PSTN cease had really been actioned, you would have no phone service, and hence no broadband with Be.

You were given a silly story by whoever you spoke to.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.9/14.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Nov-12 18:24:45
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
2) If a PSTN cease had really been actioned, you would have no phone service, and hence no broadband with Be.

Could be ordered but not yet actioned. Broadband cease charge would likely be raised at the time the PSTN cease was ordered.

Oliver.
  Print Thread

Jump to