User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User colbrad
(member) Sun 18-Nov-12 12:28:05
Print Post

Webmail time outs - ticket number 62157525

[link to this post]

Is anyone else having time outs with Madasafish Webmail?

I am aware of there being recent problems with both Madasafish & Plusnet systems but this issue seems unconnected from that and now that service status is saying this is resolved I'm finding myself still dealing with a mail system that doesn't work in the way it is meant to with very little urgent support to fix the issue.

Bob Pullen or anyone from Madasafish, Plusnet etc can I kindly request you look at ticket number 62157525 on my account please, it has now been active since 12th November with no resolve as yet hence me coming on here.
I have in the last 24 hours been told that my account is too full of data so therefore they are the reasons for the timeouts. This is quite simply not the case, my data amount used is 4mb of 100mb, and have provided a screenshot of this for proof on the ticket. I'm shocked that someone at Madasafish thinks that it is ok to apportion blame to the paying customer for this. I regard that as really not good enough in my experience of paying for a service for the last 12 years.

FREENETNAME ~ MADASAFISH

FIREFOX 15.0
OSX 10.7.4

Edited by colbrad (Sun 18-Nov-12 12:31:07)

Standard User robski1
(learned) Mon 19-Nov-12 07:31:28
Print Post

Re: Webmail time outs - ticket number 62157525

[re: colbrad] [link to this post]

I have not had any problems. I have just checked and all is OK this morning.
ISP Representative chrispurvey
(isp) Tue 20-Nov-12 09:35:09
Print Post

[re: colbrad] [link to this post]

Hi colbrad,

I'm going to have a look into this, it looks like I'll need to raise a problem for this.

I'll do that now and get this resolved speedily for you.

Once I've got an update I'll be in-touch.

Chris Purvey
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Tue 20-Nov-12 15:18:17
Print Post

[re: chrispurvey] [link to this post]

Should now be fixed. There are problems with the platform that see this issue recurring every month or two and each time the server software requires a restart.

Eventually we want to move away from Prayer (the software the platform uses) and move to an alternative solution. There are a fe things stopping us from doing this at the moment though (mainly mail filtering - we need to get that working with any solution we use to replace Prayer).

@colbrad, going to drop you a PM so keep your eyes peeled for it ...

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Digital Care

http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Nov-12 15:42:12
Print Post

[re: bpullen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bpullen:
Eventually we want to move away from Prayer (the software the platform uses)
As in Wing and a Prayer smile
Standard User colbrad
(member) Tue 20-Nov-12 18:56:43
Print Post

Bob & Chris,
many thanks for the reply and intervention on the endless ticket dialogue, you may have prevented me from losing any more hair wink
cheers
c.

FREENETNAME ~ MADASAFISH ~ PLUSNET

FIREFOX 15.0
OSX 10.7.4
Standard User srs1
(newbie) Fri 23-Nov-12 00:04:28
Print Post

I have just joined the forum to try and resolve the same problem, as now I cannot log on!
I have been having this time-out problem for months. I have raised SEVERAL tickets including 58750646, 49217863 and 62506530. I have been told conflicting views, as either no problems exist or there are intermiitent problems with the platform.

My repeated problem is as follows:

I am repeatedly being logged out when accessing my emails, with the following message:

"Your session has ended. Possible causes:
You have been timed out after 30 minutes of inactivity."

This happens at various times, including immediately after log on, a couple of seconds of reading/writing emails. Very rarely can I stay logged on for any more than 15mins at a time. I even have to attempt login several times before any success.

This is not the first time I have asked FNN to rectify this problem.
The error happens on any computer, home or at work, on all Operating Systems, IE6 or 7, so please don't ask what op systems I am using because it doesn't make a difference. The problem is definitely with FNN systems.

The latest response is as below, but since the 'reconfiguration' I can not now logon anymore to retrieve my emails !!!!

"Thank you for contact us. I have tested your email account in Webmail and did not find any problems. Nevertheless, I have reconfigured and refreshed your mailbox component. The refreshed changes should happen within next 4 hours.

Please monitor you timeout issue and inform us if you still having issues".

I have used FNN for over 15years, but I am so frustrated that I am seriously thinking of changing service.....Please, please can someone sort these problems out once and for all (and retrieve my login !!!).
Standard User colbrad
(member) Fri 23-Nov-12 12:00:28
Print Post

[re: srs1] [link to this post]

Hi

hopefully you'll get a response from Bob Pullen who helped me with this issue. I'm using a workaround that so far has been helpful, and although I have lost the ability to filter Spam as well as I'd like to, so far this week its not been a massive headache.

As a side note, I do think it would help other MAAF customers if this issue was made more widely known to MAAF staff as my ticket replies were pretty similar to your experience and went on for a week until I came on here and got acknowledgement from Bob and Chris that this is a system problem.

Good luck.

FREENETNAME ~ MADASAFISH ~ PLUSNET

FIREFOX 15.0
OSX 10.7.4
ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Fri 23-Nov-12 13:29:13
Print Post

@srs1, I've just sent you a private message.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Digital Care

http://twitter.com/plusnet
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Tue 04-Dec-12 13:52:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by srs1:
This is not the first time I have asked FNN to rectify this problem.

Quick tip - it has not been FNN for over 6 years!

Kevin

plusnet Extra Fibre (80/20)
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
  Print Thread

Jump to