User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Tue 04-Dec-12 09:09:48
Print Post

3 whole days no adsl affecting not just me

[link to this post]

If a rep sees this please can I have an answer as to why after 3 days no official update to my ticket and tweets yesterday saying I would get a response???

There is at least another maaf customer on same pcp with no broadband is this a line card fault at the exchange ?

Ticket 62858150

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now part of plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) (now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 50db on adsl2 or 53.5db on adsl2+ depending on exchange sync)
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Tue 04-Dec-12 09:32:34
Print Post

Re: 3 whole days no adsl affecting not just me

[re: adamtemp] [link to this post]

Hi there,

Sorry we didn't get back to you yesterday. I believe someone's looking at the fault ticket now, and Chris should be replying to you on Twitter shortly.

It's possible that there is a fault with the line card but unfortunately we won't know that until the fault's been escalated (and our suppliers have had chance to investigate) - we'll update you as soon as we hear back.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Tue 04-Dec-12 09:35:48
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Fault not escalated???

I had to drive 30 miles yesterday to get a 3 dongle as that was my only 3g choice I have o2 but that is only 2g around here too slow to do anything.

But why not escalated????

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now part of plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) (now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 50db on adsl2 or 53.5db on adsl2+ depending on exchange sync)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Tue 04-Dec-12 09:52:13
Print Post

It wasn't escalated because it hadn't been picked up yet, simple as that, sorry for the delay but it's being picked up now.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Tue 04-Dec-12 16:47:26
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

looks like another night no adsl not impresed.
17 years of loyality with my isp may have to move supplier as talk talk are in the exchange as much as I dislike talk talk the price is going to be hard to beat when my discount ends next year.

ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Tue 04-Dec-12 16:52:15
Print Post

There's an exchange fault and it's been passed to our suppliers team to resolve. As I understand it's affecting a few people at the exchange so will hopefully be resolved asap, sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Wed 05-Dec-12 10:01:07
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

I appreciate it is affecting others but I just it get fixed soon.

We are a rural area with poor other comms and being without adsl is a royal pain,

Just to get a working (with speed connection) was a 30 mile round trip and £29.99 plus any topups required. 3 are the only 3g and the mast is 2.1 miles away so patchy coverage indoors just lucky to be getting 1-2 down and up speeds with carefull positioning. Shame o2 is not 3g here just gprs as the mast is closer and direct line of sight no trees in the way.

I have to say the delay in rasing with the supplier is the bighest issue.

I know loyalty is not a big thing these days but I must be one of the few globalnet customers from the formation of the company still to be here. I know all the takeovers but at least plusnet now has uk support (even o2 may move overseas after a trial) But cost at next renewal may form a large part of decission making but if the connecting devon and somerset project provides fiber to my pcp then plusnet may keep my business.
A frustrated still no adsl customer

Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Wed 05-Dec-12 10:56:05
Print Post

latest 3 speedtest http://www.speedtest.net/result/2352462717.png

Standard User hypertony
(committed) Wed 05-Dec-12 11:16:25
Print Post

As the fault is within the exchange, there is not much Plusnet can do apart from pushing BT to get it fixed quicker. Even if you do move ISP, the problem will be still the same as you would be with this ISP anyway.

So, I think it would be only fair if you give Plusnet a chance and point the blame to BT for doing it so slowly and for their monitoring tool not to pick it up much earlier as it is affecting a few other people.

/my 2 cents

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Wed 05-Dec-12 11:24:08
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

It took Plusnet from before 8.00 am saturday morning until 10:02am, Tuesday 4th December 2012 to pass the fault to supplier that is the gripe.

Even after twitter traffic on monday saying it was being looked at.

Just the hard facts

That is my take on it

P.s. the llu provider at the exchange has not been affected all the talk talk customers I know are fine just a few madasafish / bt customers on wbc

Edited by adamtemp (Wed 05-Dec-12 11:26:27)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to