User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User robski1
(learned) Sat 15-Dec-12 14:51:07
Print Post

New Plusnet Unlimited Deals

[link to this post]

I see with interest that Plusnet will be offering unlimited broadband from next week at prices much lower than anything MAAF has on offer.
Is this the end of MAAF or will there be similar offers to MAAF's loyal customers?
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 15-Dec-12 17:38:43
Print Post

Re: New Plusnet Unlimited Deals

[re: robski1] [link to this post]

I don't think there will be any changes to the current maaf package line up ....... ever! frown

As a customer of some years you should be able to get a better deal price wise for any existing maaf package by speaking to the Customer Options Team.

Alastair

omadasafisho 20CN
Standard User TerryD
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Dec-12 09:20:15
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Really just have one question to ask - do I need to wait until my current MaaF contract expires in March before switching (without penalty)?

I'm getting quite unpopular in this house with my rather heavy-handed rationing of usage, with Santa bringing a Nexus and Ipad next Tuesday I'd rather not have to play Internet Scrooge for three more months.

TerryD

Terry

Freenetname MAX Premier

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Dec-12 09:33:25
Print Post

[re: TerryD] [link to this post]

Hi Terry,
You can give 10 days notice if I'm reading this correctly.

10.4 Unless otherwise specified in this Agreement, either you or we may terminate this Agreement on giving not less than 10 days notice to the other; such notice not to expire before the end of the first 12 months.

Taken from 10. Termination and Suspension

Alastair

omadasafisho 20CN
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Dec-12 09:55:56
Print Post

Read the next bit
10.6 You may terminate this Agreement within the first 12 months after the Commencement Date if you agree to pay us all the costs that we have incurred in setting up your Broadband Service. This will include an installation fee of £45 (£40.96 if you signed up before 1st January 2010). You must also pay the cessation charge detailed in 10.7, and the full retail price for any free or subsidised hardware that you ordered from us.
Standard User TerryD
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Dec-12 10:01:17
Print Post

Thanks Alastair, it's the "Unless otherwise specified in this Agreement" bit I might need to get around having negotiated a substantial discount and in return consenting to stay for 12 months. This doesn't seem to be directly covered by the T&C's but as you know yourself it's in writing somewhere. A bit old-fashioned of me but I still believe in gentlemen's agreements anyway!

TerryD

Terry

Freenetname MAX Premier
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Dec-12 11:20:05
Print Post

PM one of the PN reps on here & ask, there are 2 online at the moment!

Dennis
plusnet value & talkanytime
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Dec-12 13:41:52
Print Post

Give the Customer Options Team a call (make sure it is the COT) and see what they say regarding your situation.

The phone number may have changed but try these if you want:

0800 432 0200

0845 140 6002

Alastair

omadasafisho 20CN
Standard User TerryD
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Dec-12 13:54:48
Print Post

[re: reserved] [link to this post]

I might resort to that if they don't pick up on this thread Dennis but having asked the question here I'll give them a while. Not a big problem if I have to wait until March as, by mostly banning streaming, usage is around 30gb out of 50. Just thought it was a fair question given that it's basically the same ISP and there may be others thinking along similar lines.

TerryD

Terry

Freenetname MAX Premier
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Dec-12 13:55:46
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

TerryD will need to find out if that applies to him alone as I was told by the COT in Feb 2012 that there were no 12 month contracts any more as such, just the ten day notice clause as applies to PN products.
I know you have to pay for a free router etc etc if you leave within 12 months of getting them but that is not the actual contract.

Of course I could be completely confused re. the T&C (isn't that what they're meant to do? tongue ) ....... hey I'm no lawyer smile laugh

Alastair

omadasafisho 20CN
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to