User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Herbalist
(member) Sat 02-Feb-13 12:23:28
Print Post

MAAF -> Plusnet move, might be of interest

[link to this post]

I do know that folk here are pretty clued up on most stuff from past experience so apologies if everyone already knew this but it could be of interest to some.

I've been hitting close to my 5gig MAAF limit quite a bit recently and been wondering about a shift to Plusnet. Signed up last week and went live yesterday. I didn't pay much attention to the Plusnet prediction of speed on my line of 15-17 meg as it was the monthly limit I was interested in. However looking now I see that all MAAF products are 6 meg ones according to the website and I used to get that. On Plusnet a couple of speed checks yesterday showed me over 11 meg.

So - a quid a month extra has got me double the monthly limit and almost double the speed smile
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Feb-13 21:05:15
Print Post

Re: MAAF -> Plusnet move, might be of interest

[re: Herbalist] [link to this post]

However looking now I see that all MAAF products are 6 meg ones
It used to be up to 8Meg when I signed up some years ago, that was before the BT/PN take over.

It changed around about April last year, when looking through this site, assuming it's an accurate snapshot.

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 09-Feb-13 13:07:58
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Apprentice:
It changed around about April last year, when looking through this site, assuming it's an accurate snapshot.

Same product, still up to 8Mbps, it's just the advertising rules that changed, ISPs are only allowed to advertise an "up to" speed that at least 10% of customers can achieve.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Herbalist
(member) Tue 12-Feb-13 14:47:46
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Aaah - nothing like keeping their website up to date is there...!

Equally the promised refund of the activation fee for Plusnet has not happened yet despite the promise it would be within seven days

ho hum
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Tue 12-Feb-13 16:40:39
Print Post

[re: Herbalist] [link to this post]

Hi, sorry to hear that - happy to chase it up for you if you could PM me your username?

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to