User comments on ISPs
  >> Madasafish

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User redbudgie
(learned) Tue 12-Feb-13 21:37:45
Print Post

Thank you and Farewell

[link to this post]

Well after many years with Freenetname then Madasafish I have finally jumped ship. I haven't jumped far, as I am now with Plusnet on the Unlimited Fibre package.
Seemed liked a no brainer as we now have FTTC and the cabinet is less than 200 m away.
The cost increase is marginal for the usage I now have.
Migration by Plusnet was painless.
I still have my domain with Madasafish, just got them to downgrade to Justmail.
everything seems stable and so much faster.

Ok it's only the first day but I'm happy I've made the move.
Not much else to say other than to borrow from Mr Adams:
So Long, and thanks for all the fish!
Kevin
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Wed 13-Feb-13 15:06:28
Print Post

Re: Thank you and Farewell

[re: redbudgie] [link to this post]

The domain was that the old free ones or just the username based domains?

As I have with maff temperton.me.uk and would like to keep that where it is and my old @globalnet email address.

But feel the need for unlimited as I have a smart pvr and sky go on ipad,

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now part of plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) (now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 50db on adsl2 or 53.5db on adsl2+ depending on exchange sync)
Standard User redbudgie
(learned) Thu 14-Feb-13 08:14:47
Print Post

[re: adamtemp] [link to this post]

Hi adamtemp,

it was the free one you could get whenyou signed up to FreeNetName in the dim and distant past.
When i spoke to them they flagged my Madasafish account and they are doing the downgrade to justmail...though I need to check that it has been done.

Kevin

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Thu 14-Feb-13 08:27:45
Print Post

Kevin thanks

Keep me updated if yours goes ok I will swap to plusned unlimited adsl2+ service no fiber here

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now part of plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) (now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 50db on adsl2 or 53.5db on adsl2+ depending on exchange sync)
Standard User redbudgie
(learned) Sat 16-Feb-13 14:05:29
Print Post

[re: adamtemp] [link to this post]

Hi adamtemp,

sorry for not getting back quicker. Yep everything done. Existing account downgraded but still active.

Easiest way to do it appears to be to phone the Plusnet Customer Team and tell them it's a migration from Madasafish and they will do the rest.

Hope it goes as smoothly as mine.

Kevin
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Mar-13 08:55:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by redbudgie:
Well after many years with Freenetname then Madasafish I have finally jumped ship. I haven't jumped far, as I am now with Plusnet on the Unlimited Fibre package.
Seemed liked a no brainer as we now have FTTC and the cabinet is less than 200 m away.
The cost increase is marginal for the usage I now have.
Migration by Plusnet was painless.
I still have my domain with Madasafish, just got them to downgrade to Justmail.
everything seems stable and so much faster.

Ok it's only the first day but I'm happy I've made the move.
Not much else to say other than to borrow from Mr Adams:
So Long, and thanks for all the fish!
Kevin

A mate of mine done something like that, but he moved his domain across to one and one as at the time he was thinking of leaving MAAF/Plusnet and going to another ISP.
Just before Christmas he moved from MAAF to Plusnet fibre and it is not that good.

He is suppose to be getting around the 70Mb/s mark, but a lot of the times he gets 15, now and again it will got to 20 and may peak at 50 for a few seconds.

Plusnet have sent BT openreach down and they tested the modem and the speed and said there was nothing wrong. My view is that Plusnet can not cope and is managing traffic, but Plusnet always had a reputation for doing that, which is why when they took over Metronet I moved ISp pretty quick.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Wed 06-Mar-13 17:21:47
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Hi,

We know there are issues at peak time at the moment and are looking into them, but the only traffic shaping we're doing is exactly as described on our site - and no more.

Sorry to hear about your friend's connection, there's a major thread on our forums about all the issues that he may want to get a cup of tea (and possibly a sandwich) and have a read through: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1111...

It is something we're taking very seriously indeed.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Mar-13 21:07:40
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

But it is not just in the evening, this is also happening in the afternoon as well.
He got more patience than me, because with the problems he had at MAAF and now with plusnet, I would have told Plusnet to shove it and got a MAC contract or no contract.

I am fed up with companies who don't offer the service I pay for, which is why I choose a smaller ISp even before i went with the one I am with now. Not some company who try to make out that they are a tiny northern Isp when in fact they are owned by one of the biggest telecom company in the country.

Adrian

Standard User redbudgie
(learned) Wed 06-Mar-13 21:11:16
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

I must say I have no complaints.
I work from home so have an annoying habit of running a speedtester most days.
Normally running between 60 and 70Mbs, but not just at "quiet" times.

Downloading from Sky is now a breeze, movies downoaded and ready to watch in no time.

Personally very happy with my move.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Mar-13 08:41:46
Print Post

Well, he certainly have a problem and all Plusnet want to do is send another BT engineer to have a look.
I should expect it I suppose, Plusnet is a off shoot of Bt and that is all they seem to do is keep sending engineers.

Adrian

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to